Doritos Crushed Mozzarella Sticks. But Mozzarella sticks fried in Nacho Cheese Doritos? This recipe is super easy, and if you're a college student, there's a good chance you've already So instead of ordering fried Mozzarella sticks at the bar, why not make 'em with Doritos all by yo' self? Take your frying game up a step with this legit Deep Fryer.
Let's talk about these Doritos Crusted Cheddar Cheese Sticks. I mean I initially wanted to just make plain mozzarella cheese sticks, but then I thought to myself, there are so many mozzarella cheese sticks out there in Junkfoodville. These mozzarella sticks are great because they are coated with crushed Doritos. You can have Doritos Crushed Mozzarella Sticks using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Doritos Crushed Mozzarella Sticks
- You need of block) mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare of crushed nacho cheese Doritos.
- Prepare of panko breadcrumbs.
- Prepare of Kosher salt.
- You need of eggs beaten.
- You need of all purpose flour.
- You need of Vegetable oil for frying.
If you are looking for a delicious appetizer for serve for game day Mozzarella sticks are coated with flour, then dipped in egg and then coated with crushed Doritos and fried. The best way to crush the Doritos is to put. The perfect game day snack, just in time for the Super Bowl! Working one at a time, dredge each mozzarella stick in the flour, then egg, and then fully coat in Doritos bread crumbs.
Doritos Crushed Mozzarella Sticks instructions
- Cut mozzarella cheese into 4" 1/2 sticks similar to the size of string cheese in a small bowl combine crushed Doritos and panko place eggs and flour in separate bowls.
- Working one at a time dip mozzarella sticks in flour and completely coat dip into egg wash to coat completely and allow excess egg to drip back into bowl coat the cheese fully in Doritos mixture patting to adhere as necessary place cheese sticks on a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer cover and freeze until frozen about 30-60 minutes or up to 2 days.
- Heat enough oil in a deep skillet over medium/medium-high to cover 1/2 -3/4 way up mozzarella sticks once hot (to test drop a breadcrumb in oil if it starts sizzling you're good to go) and working in batches fry the mozzarella sticks until golden brown about 1 minute per side adjust temperature of oil as needed (too hot and they will brown to quick) remove to a paper towel lined plate and immediately sprinkle with Kosher salt serve immediately.
Doritos Crusted Mozzarella Sticks Are The Ultimate Superbowl Snack. Doritos are trying to take over the junk food game. From tacos to chicken strips these popular chips are making their way through our favorite fatty foods. According to the press release they're "loaded with warm melted cheese and encrusted with bold Doritos Nacho Cheese flavor." More Photos Tags: reality, doritos, crusted, mozzarella, sticks (see all). Cornflake-Crusted Mozzarella Sticks With Spicy Pepper Jelly.