Poosanikai Aviayal/ Ash Gourd Curry.
You can have Poosanikai Aviayal/ Ash Gourd Curry using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Poosanikai Aviayal/ Ash Gourd Curry
- You need 1/4 kg of Poosanikai/ Ash Gourd.
- It’s as required of Water-.
- You need 2 tsp of Coconut Oil.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- You need 8 of Shallots roughly chopped.
- It’s As needed of Curry leaves few.
- You need as per your taste of Salt-.
- You need as required of Coriander leaves few.
- Prepare of For Grinding:-.
- You need 1/2 cup of Grated Coconut.
- It’s 4-5 of Green Chillies.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
Poosanikai Aviayal/ Ash Gourd Curry instructions
- Peel off the ash gourd skin and remove the seeds. Cut into small pieces..
- In a kadai, add some water. Let it boil. Then add the ash gourd pieces. Cover and cook till it turns transparent. Transfer to a bowl..
- Add the ingredients given for grinding in a blender. Grind to a smooth paste by adding water gradually..
- In the same kadai, add oil. Once oil gets heat, add cumin seeds. Fry it..
- Add shallots and curry leaves. Saute till shallots becomes translucent..
- Add the cooked ash gourd. Mix well. Then add the ground paste, salt and required water. Half cover with a lid and cook for 15 mins in medium flame..
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Transfer to a bowl..
- You can also add 1 Tbsp beaten curd atlast. It's optional..
- Now it's ready to serve with hot rice..