You can have Stewed Beef using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stewed Beef
- Prepare of stewing beef.
- Prepare of oil.
- It’s of large onion.
- Prepare of minced garlic.
- Prepare of med green pepper.
- You need of Salt, pepper & adobo.
- You need of beef broth (I used 2 cup berf broth 2 c chicken broth).
- You need of bay leaves.
- Prepare of Optional (to make thicker).
- It’s of red skin potatoes, cut.
- It’s of cold water.
- Prepare of corn starch.
Stewed Beef instructions
- Turn burner on to medium heat, add olive oil. Add meat, lightly brown on each side..
- Cut/dice/mince, whichever you prefer the green pepper & onion. Once meat is browned add vegetables. Let cook 5 minutes, stir occasionally..
- Add potatoes of desired, garlic, salt, pepper & adobo. Let cook 2 minutes..
- Add broth & bayleaf. Sprinkle a little more adobo. Let come to a simmer. Cover and cook 1 1/2-2hrs, stirring occasionally & lower heat if comes to a heavy boil..
- Optional (to make thicker): Mix corn starch & cold water. Add to pot, stir. Let cook 15 more minutes..
- One on the left is no thickening agent, one on right is with thickening agent. Whichever you prefer. Serve with white rice or mashed potatoes..