You can have Beef Stew using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Stew
- It’s of (2.5 Lbs) Chuck Roast.
- You need of (2) Cups of beef broth.
- You need of (6) Tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s of (3) Tbsp of Butter.
- It’s of (3/4) Cup of Flour.
- You need of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s of (2) Tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar.
- It’s of (1) Onion, diced.
- It’s of (1) Large can diced tomatoes.
- You need of (5) Potatoes, diced. Skin on.
- Prepare of (5) Carrots, skinned and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Prepare of (4) Cups of water. (Approximately).
Beef Stew instructions
- Dice Chuck Roast into 1inch pieces..
- Put flour, salt and pepper into a large bowl. Add diced Chuck Roast. Mix/coat well..
- In a cast iron pan, heat Olive Oil, butter. Fry the flour coated Chuck Roast until dark brown, in batches as not to over fill pan. Add in Balsamic Vinegar to first batch..
- In a large pot, add the beef broth and diced tomatoes..
- Dice potatoes, carrots and Onion..
- Add all of the fried Chuck to pot. Add the remaining juices from cast iron pan to pot. Add the water..
- Add all the vegetables to pot. At this point make sure there is enough water in pot to cover everything well..
- Cover and simmer on very Low for 4-5 hour's. Checking every few hours on the liquid. Add some water when or if you need to..
- Enjoy with some cornbread or bread and butter..