Beef, Mash, and Gravy. This Beef Tips & Gravy Meal is one that my family loves. It's delicious, easy to prepare and cost effective, too. Some may say it's a rich sugary dessert, some a hearty bowl of soup.
Mash to the consistency of creamed potatoes, serve while hot with gravy from roast over them, black pepper to suit taste. Sausage with Onion Gravy and Mashed Potato – affectionately known as "Bangers and Mash" – is one of the greatest of all comfort foods. This recipe for beef stew with gravy, mashed potatoes, and corn makes a full, hearty meal with simple ingredients and easy instructions. You can have Beef, Mash, and Gravy using 23 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef, Mash, and Gravy
- You need of Beef.
- Prepare of Sirloin beef.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- It’s of butter.
- It’s of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need of Mash.
- You need of potatoes russet.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of water.
- You need of butter.
- You need of canned evaporated milk.
- It’s of Gravy.
- Prepare of medium bell pepper green.
- You need of diced onion.
- Prepare of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s of beef broth.
- It’s of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of pink Himalayan salt.
- Prepare of beef trimmings.
- You need of all purpose flour.
- It’s of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare of butter.
It is basically beef tips browned and slowly cooked until tender. We usually serve this with homemade mashed potatoes and corn. Check for seasoning also at this stage. Serve the burger on top of the mashed potatoes and generously pour some of the onion gravy on the top.
Beef, Mash, and Gravy instructions
- Wash the bell pepper and char it over a flame..
- Peel, wash, and cut the potatoes into chunks. Put into a pot of water just enough to cover it. Add salt and bring to a boil..
- Take the pepper off the fire and put into a ziploc bag. Trim off the tough membrane and connecting tissue..
- Scrape the pepper. Cut the stem part off. Then dice the peppers..
- Fry the the trimmings in 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season the beef with salt and pepper. When the trimmings are cooked chop into little pieces..
- Sear the beef in the oil and butter mixture. Turn after 7 minutes. Check your potatoes if fork tender remove from heat and drain..
- When both sides are seared on each side remove and place in a hot cast iron skillet. Turn to low heat turn every 7 minutes. Add pepper to the butter and oil mixture. Sauté till tender. Dice the onion. Sauté for 7 minutes..
- Add the flour and another tablespoon of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter. Keep turning the beef..
- Stir the flour well cook 7 minutes then add the beef broth. Stir often it will start thickening..
- When all the bits/ goodies are off the bottom of pan add the red wine vinegar. Stir till thick as you like then remove from heat..
- Drain the potatoes add butter and evaporated milk. Then whip them till nice and creamy..
- The steak are to my desired doneness. Add mash to a plate make a crater and fill with gravy. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!.
Bangers and mash is the familiar term for sausage and mash, a favorite British and Irish dish. The name bangers is believed to come from the habit of sausages bursting in the It's sure to be a hit with the entire family. Bangers and mash are a British pub classic, a combination of fatty pork sausages with buttery potatoes that's perfect for soaking up an afternoon's worth of ale. A rich onion gravy is the sauce that holds the whole thing together, ideally made with homemade beef stock. To complete the meal, serve this with.