Easy Beef Bourguignon. Though this easy beef bourguignon looks and tastes impressive, it's so simple to put together! Try Ina Garten's Beef Bourguignonne recipe, a French classic with bacon, mushrooms and red wine, from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network. Everytime I made this easy beef Bourguignon recipe while living in Paris my neighbor would want to know what was making the whole apartment building smell so good.
In this Easy Beef Bourguignon, beef simmers with mushrooms and onions in a wine broth and is served over mashed potatoes with garlicky roasted carrots. Hearty and rich this easy Beef Bourguignon is made in the slow cooker! There are some movies that just put me in my happy place. You can have Easy Beef Bourguignon using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Beef Bourguignon
- Prepare of olive oil.
- It’s of bacon.
- You need of chuck beef.
- It’s of red wine.
- Prepare of beef broth.
- Prepare of tomato sauce.
- It’s of beef boullion cube.
- Prepare of flour.
- You need of large carrots.
- Prepare of pearl onions.
- It’s of minced garlic.
- Prepare of dried thyme.
- Prepare of baby potatoes.
- Prepare of baby bella mushrooms.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of pepper.
Beef bourguignon can be cooked a few different ways. Be the first to review this recipe. If there was a PhD in beef bourguignon making, my mom and my grandmother would both be doctors. It's one of the dishes they make extremely well.
Easy Beef Bourguignon instructions
- Chop your carrots into 2" pieces, wash your potatoes, peel those onions. Put all that shit in a bowl. Make your beef into chunks. Crush that boullion cube on a plate. Call the prep a day..
- Set your instant pot to saute mode, put your oil in, and cook your damn bacon. Once it's done, put it on a plate off to the side..
- Now, sear that sweet, sweet beef in the pot, brown it on all sides..
- Throw that red wine in the pot. Simmer it for, like, 5 minutes or something. Add your beef broth, tomato sauce, and boullion cube. Gradually add and whisk in the flour..
- Stir in your damn bacon, carrots, onions, garlic, thyme, potatoes, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cover that shit and set to pressure cook for 45 minutes..
- Now's the hard part, boys, but we can do it. As soon as that fucker beeps, let it sit for 10 minutes. Don't touch it. Then vent it afterwards. Open that puppy up, and viola..
- Eat it on it's own, serve it over egg noodles, shit you're a grown man I don't care how you eat it, just enjoy the fruits of your labor, dude..
This easy Beef Bourguignon recipe is a melt-in-your-mouth, classic French stew made Easy Beef Bourguignon Recipe. Thanks to Julia Child and Ina Garten, this classic French beef stew is familiar. Simple Beef Bourguignon – Easy & delicious beef stew recipe. Ideal for freezing, cooking in the pressure cooker, slow cooker, Instant Pot or oven. Homemade beef bourguignon is a labor of love, not a quick weeknight dinner.