Thai Basil Beef.
You can have Thai Basil Beef using 24 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Thai Basil Beef
- Prepare of Jasmine Lemongrass Rice:.
- It’s of Jasmine rice.
- You need of Coconut milk.
- You need of Water.
- Prepare of Sesame oil.
- It’s of Fresh lemongrass.
- You need of Thai Basil Beef:.
- It’s of Carrots, cut into matchsticks.
- You need of Baby bell peppers, sliced.
- Prepare of Green onions, chopped.
- It’s of Fish sauce.
- You need of Sesame oil.
- You need of Honey.
- It’s of Lime, juiced.
- It’s of Lime, wedged.
- It’s of Garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s of Fresh ginger, grated.
- Prepare of Ground hamburger.
- You need of & 2 Tbsp. soy sauce, divided.
- You need of Sweet thai chili sauce.
- You need of Fresh basil, chopped.
- Prepare of Toasted Sesame seeds for serving.
- You need of Chopped roasted peanuts for serving.
- It’s of Butter leaf lettuce for serving.
Thai Basil Beef instructions
- To make the rice add coconut milk and water to medium size pot. Bring to a low boil and then add the rice, Sesame oil, and lemongrass. Stir to combine and then place lid on the pot and turn down the heat to low. After w0 minutes take the rice off the heat and then let sit, covered for 15-20 minutes. Do not open lid during this time..
- After 15-20 minutes remove lid and fluff with a fork and stir in chopped peanuts if desired..
- While the rice is cooking make the beef mixture. Add the carrots, peppers, hot red pepper, green onions, fish sauce, honey, lime juice and 2 Tbsp Soy sauce to a medium bowl. Combine and set aside..
- Heat a large heavy bottomed skillet or wok. Add the oil and once hot add the garlic and ginger. Cook 15-30 seconds and then add the beef..
- Add pepper and cook until browned. And 1/3 C. Soy sauce, 1/3 C. Sweet Thai Chili Sauce, and 1 C. fresh Basil..
- Bring to a simmer and cook 3-5 min. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 1C. fresh Basil..
- Place butter leaves on plates and top with rice and then beef. Add thepepper and carrots mixture. Garnish with chopped peanuts, fresh Basil and Sesame seeds if desired. Enjoy!.
- Place butter leaves on plates and top with rice and then beef. Add the pepper and carrots mixture. Garnish with chopped peanuts, fresh Basil and Sesame seeds if desired. Enjoy!.