Pressure Cooker Beef Stew. This Pressure Cooker Beef Stew is a classic, old-fashioned recipe, based on a stovetop version my mom cooked for me growing up. This beef stew was made for us when we were just infants. Beef, carrots and potatoes taste like they simmered all day, but this is ready in about half an hour.
Serve Pressure Cooker Beef Stew: Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately with pasta, rice, or just eat it as is. Optional step: For more texture, add. You can have Pressure Cooker Beef Stew using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pressure Cooker Beef Stew
- Prepare 2 LBs of beef stew meet.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of cooking oil.
- You need 1 of medium celery stick.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- It’s 3 cloves of fresh garlic.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cup of cups water (or beef broth).
- Prepare 2 1/2 Tbsp of beef bouillon.
- It’s 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 lb of potatoes (cut into large chunks).
- It’s 2 of large carrots.
- It’s 2 of dried bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Tbsp of corn starch.
- You need 1 1/2 Tbsp of cold water.
Pressure cooker beef stew is a delicious and easy recipe that cooks in minutes but tastes like it has simmered for hours. You can buy meat marked "beef for stew", but that is usually of lower quality. Look for a nice piece of beef that is sold with good marbling and some fat, but not too much. Pressure Cooker Beef Stew – a hearty beef stew with potatoes, carrots, green beans, and tomatoes can be on the table in minutes when you use a pressure cooker.
Pressure Cooker Beef Stew step by step
- Combine 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, and 1/4 cup flour and coat beef with mixture..
- Saute beef in oil until browned (no need to cook all the way through) once browned set aside..
- In pan that browned meat cook celery, onion, tomato paste, garlic..
- Turn off saute setting, add 3 1/2 cups beef broth or water and 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce.
- Add browned meat back into instant pot, along with carrots and potatoes and bay leaves. combine well.
- Close lid, close vent, set to pressure cook on high for 35 minutes then let naturally release for 10 minutes then quick release.
- Remove lid and set to saute.
- Make corn starch slurry out of 1.5 Tbsp corn starch and 1.5 Tbsp cold water combine well then add into simmering beef stew.
- Stir well to thicken, turn off heat and serve.
I'm just going to say it – I love my pressure cooker. Beef Stew in the Ninja Foodi (Pressure Cooker Recipe). How to Make Beef Stew in Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker Pressure Cooker American Beef Stew Recipe. Unraveling the mysteries of home cooking through science.