Beef stroganoff. While this beef stroganoff recipe is the classic preparation usually associated with the dish, there are all kinds of fun new twists and streamlined time-savers to be found in Betty's best beef stroganoff. An easy beef stroganoff recipe with tender strips of beef and mushrooms cooked in sour cream and served over noodles. Made with the best beef stroganoff sauce.
Count Stroganoff's chef (who was likely French), created the dish and named it. Learn how to cook Classic Beef Stroganoff, with tender strips of beef and mushrooms, in an incredible creamy sauce. Our easy and authentic Stroganoff (or Stroganov) is a simple and comforting Russian dish consisting of sauteed pieces of. You can have Beef stroganoff using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef stroganoff
- You need of button mushrooms.
- You need of small purple onion, chopped.
- You need of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare of flank steak, sliced thinly against the grain.
- Prepare of dry egg noodles.
- It’s of beef stock.
- It’s of cornstarch.
- Prepare of sour cream.
- It’s of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare of Finely chopped fresh Italian parsley for garnish.
Make a classic beef stroganoff with steak and mushrooms for a tasty midweek meal. Garnish with parsley and serve with pappardelle pasta or rice. Beef stroganoff is the original family favorite skillet meal. Why should beef stroganoff come from a box.
Beef stroganoff instructions
- Add a splash of veg oil to a large pan on high heat. Add the mushrooms and fry until they give up their water and turn brown, about 3 minutes. Remove the mushrooms to a plate..
- Add a fresh splash of veg oil to the pan you used for the mushrooms and turn the heat down to medium-high. Add the onion and garlic. Let sweat for 1 minute. Add the beef and fry until cooked, about 5 minutes. While you wait for the beef, get a large pot of water boiling and throw in the noodles..
- Return the mushrooms to the pan and add the stock. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Make a slurry by whisking the cornstarch with 1/2 cup of water, then add it also. Stir until the sauce starts to thicken, about 1 or 2 minutes. Whisk in the sour cream and Worcestershire sauce. Add salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste. Your noodles should be close to cooked by this time. Turn the pan down to low while you wait..
- Drain the noodles well and add them to the pan. Toss well to coat. Sprinkle a little parsley on top when serving..
Beef stroganoff is the ultimate cold weather dinner. The Best Kind Of Beef To Use For Stroganoff. Many stroganoff recipes call for tougher cuts of meats to be braised and simmered. Easy Beef Stroganoff cooked in one pan! Made with browned ground beef and caramelized mushrooms.