Brad's broccoli beef. All Reviews for Restaurant Style Beef and Broccoli. I actually have never made this recipe with beef but I have made it several times with tofu broccoli carrots onion and red bell pepper. The beef is tender and flavorful, while the broccoli is nice and crisp.
Beef and Broccoli was one of the most popular dishes in our family's Chinese takeout restaurant. Get our restaurant secrets in this authentic beef and broccoli recipe. Broccoli Beef originates from a Chinese dish called _Gai Lan Chao Niu Rou _ (芥兰炒牛肉) or Chinese Broccoli Fried Beef, but since early immigrants could not find Gai Lan in the US, American broccoli. You can cook Brad's broccoli beef using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's broccoli beef
- It’s of for the sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbs of corn starch.
- You need 2 tbs of rice wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbs of oyster sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tbs of fish sauce.
- It’s of the veggies.
- Prepare 2 of med shallots, chopped.
- You need 1 of small bok choy.
- You need 1 of med head broccoli, cut to bite sized florets.
- You need 1 of lg handful of Chinese snow peas.
- You need of the meat.
- Prepare 1 1/4 lbs of new York steak.
This succulent beef and tender broccoli, smothered in a flavorful sauce is better than a restaurant! Beef and broccoli is a popular and easy Chinese takeout dish. In this video, you will learn my techniques The benefit of cooking the broccoli together with the beef (different intervals obviously). I clipped this recipe from Taste of Home magazine several years ago and have found it to be the best-tasting easy beef and broccoli stir-fry.
Brad's broccoli beef step by step
- Mix all ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
- Season steak with salt and pepper. Sear whole in a fry pan until rare. Set aside on a plate..
- In a wok or large fry pan. Heat a small amount of oil. Saute shallots until translucent. 2-3 minutes. Next add bok choy. Saute another two minutes..
- Add broccoli. Add 3/4 cup water. Cover and steam for 5-7 minutes until broccoli starts to get tender..
- Meanwhile slice beef..
- Uncover veggies. Add sauce and snow peas. If you like your beef cooked past rare add it. If not add it at the end..
- Stir until sauce thickens. You might not need all the sauce, but halving it will not be enough..
- When sauce thickens, plate and serve immediately. Serve with white or fried rice..
It is credited to Ruth Stahl. Broccoli Beef – Best homemade recipe featuring tender beef in a brown sauce. You'll never need to order it for takeout ever again, and it's healthier. Here's what you need: flank steak, soy sauce, sesame oil, minced garlic, brown sugar, water, cornstarch, oil, onion, broccoli floret, eggs, cooked white rice, pepper, sliced scallions. Beef and Broccoli is the epitome of Chinese food in my book.