You can have Sumac Stew using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sumac Stew
- It’s 2 cups of Central American red beans.
- You need of palmful salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of Spanish onion.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 4 stalks of mature or 8 stalks baby Bok Choy.
- Prepare 4 stalks of celery.
- Prepare 2 of red peppers.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Beyond Bullion.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sumac.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of thyme.
- It’s of Juice and pulp of 1/2 navel orange.
- You need to taste of soy sauce, rice wine vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped parsley.
Sumac Stew step by step
- Add beans and salt to 4 quarts water, soak for 24 hours..
- Boil for 45 minutes, or One Pot for 15 minutes. Strain and reserve..
- In 6 quart Dutch oven, add butter and olive oil over medium heat..
- Saute onion for 10 minutes. Add garlic. Cook for 1 more minute. Add bok choy and celery. Place top on Dutch oven, cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Microwave water and Beyond Bullion for 2 minutes. Add to pot with vegetables..
- Add beans, sumac, orang juice, and thyme..
- Add red peppers, soy sauce, and vinegar, simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat..
- Top with chopped parsley when serving..