White Miso Red Bean Stew FUSF.
You can have White Miso Red Bean Stew FUSF using 14 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of White Miso Red Bean Stew FUSF
- Prepare 2 cups of Central American red beans.
- It’s 1 of large spanish onion.
- It’s 2 of large carrots.
- It’s 12 of Shisito peppers.
- Prepare of Olive oil to and kosher salt to coat roasted veggies.
- Prepare 1 stalk of large bok choy.
- You need 6 of crushed garlic cloves.
- It’s 2 tbsp of white miso paste.
- It’s 2 of large tomatoes.
- Prepare 3 of scallions.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/8 cup of rice wine vinegar.
- You need 1/8 cup of white fujian loh chiew (rice wine).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
White Miso Red Bean Stew FUSF step by step
- Soak 2 cups beans overnight in large stock pot filled halfway, with a palmful of Diamond kosher salt..
- Boil beans on medium high heat until soft. Drain beans, reserve liquid..
- Turn oven to 375º..
- Roughly chop large onion..
- Peel and rough chop carrots..
- Separate white scallion from dark green..
- Separately toss onions, then carrots, then peppers in large mixing bowl with a generous amount of olive oil and kosher salt to coat..
- Place onions on a separate half sheet lined with parchment, then peppers and carrots on another half sheet. Roast onions for 30 minutes, tossing once around 20 minutes in. Roast peppers for 30 minutes or until blistered. Cook carrots for 10 minutes longer (total 40 minutes). Chop 8 peppers. Reserve 4. Set roasted vegetables aside..
- Rinse bok choy, cut dark green tops, reserve. Dice white stalks..
- Crush garlic cloves with flat blade of chef's knife. Chop..
- Chop tomatoes..
- Heat 6 qt. stock pot on medium heat. Add tbsp. olive oil. When oil shimmers, add white chopped bok choy, saute for 2 mins. Add garlic, stir..
- Make space on one side of the pot. Add white miso paste, stir until slightly browned making sure that garlic does not brown..
- Add tomatoes. Simmer for 5 minutes to combine..
- Add beans. Stir. Then add 2 cups bean liquid, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and rice wine. Simmer for 30 minutes..
- Add white scallion. Stir, then remove from heat to cool..
- Serve with garnish of chopped green scallion and roasted Shisito pepper..