Napa Cabbage & Bok Choy with Bacon. Napa cabbage, along with bok choy, is one of the favorite leafy-cabbage vegetables in mainland China. Napa's sweet, crunchy, and celery-flavored leaves are one of the most sought-after ingredients. Napa cabbage (Brassica rapa pekinensis) is a member of the cabbage family that originated in China several millennia ago.
Tired of only finding napa cabbage recipes that use Asian seasonings and fried ramen noodles? So consuming Napa Cabbage during pregnancy is highly recommended for pregnant women. Bright green napa cabbage is so eye-catching, yet most of us probably stroll by every time we see a Because we aren't really sure what the heck to do with it. You can have Napa Cabbage & Bok Choy with Bacon using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Napa Cabbage & Bok Choy with Bacon
- You need 1/2 head of Napa cabbage.
- Prepare 1 of small bok choy.
- It’s 4 slices of thick cut bacon.
- It’s 1 tbs of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbs of hoisin sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of honey.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger paste (or finely minced fresh ginger).
- You need 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 pinch of crushed red pepper flakes.
If your interest in napa cabbage has been. The Best Napa Cabbage Recipes on Yummly Napa Cabbage Kimchi, Napa Cabbage Salad, Napa Cabbage Slaw. Excited to announce the release of our song Just Like That with Veronica.
Napa Cabbage & Bok Choy with Bacon instructions
- In a small bowl wisk together soy sauce, hoisin sauce, honey, ginger, sesame oil, and pepper flakes. Set aside..
- Cut bacon to 1/4"strips. Cut green portions of cabbage and bok choy from the white portions. Slice whites into 1/4" pieces, greens into 1/2" pieces. Set green pieces aside for later..
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook bacon until crisp and fat has rendered. Remove bacon to a paper towel lined plate leaving fat behind in skillet..
- Add whites of cabbage and bok choy to skillet. Cook until just tender, stirring frequently. About 5-7 minutes..
- Return bacon to skillet. Add greens and sauce. Stir to combine. Cook just until greens wilt and sauce heats through. About 2 minutes..
- Serve as-is for a delicious side or over rice as a main dish. Enjoy!.
Napa cabbage is a green vegetable originated from China. Napa cabbage is a kind of a strong antioxidant vegetable. It also contains fitonutrients, such as lutein, isothiocyanates, and sulforaphane. Chinese cabbage, Napa cabbage, Peking cabbage, Celery cabbage. Napa cabbage should be watered regularly to encourage growth and reduce the likelihood of the plant going to seed too early.