Stirfried Squid and Bok Choy soup. Today I want to bring all dear friends to Bok choy farm at the riverside. I need some bok choy for my recipe. I'm going to prepare Stir fry bok.
Bok Choy Tip: If stir-frying larger bok choy, slice off the green leaf tips. Add tomatoes with juice and chicken broth. Add squid which has been sliced into rings. You can have Stirfried Squid and Bok Choy soup using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stirfried Squid and Bok Choy soup
- It’s 1 of Squid.
- It’s 1 of Carrot.
- Prepare 1 of Courgette.
- Prepare 1 of Celery stalk or small Chinese celery bunch.
- It’s 1 of Bok Choy.
- Prepare 2 of tbsp grinded dried shrimp.
- You need 1 of big bowl of water.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Dashi.
Stir Fried Bok Choy is an easy healthy side dish that is prepared in about ten minutes. Even my picky son loves this dish. Bok choy is a type of Chinese cabbage. You might find it at the market under different names like Chinese white cabbage, pak choi or pok.
Stirfried Squid and Bok Choy soup step by step
- Cut the squid open and clean the gut..
- Throw out the sack, scale, teeth and eyes..
- Cut the Squid in bite size pieces. Please note that some Squid like NZ squid are quite tough so you may need to slice them up..
- Slice up the veges. I use Chinese celery for the aroma because I hate eating celery. Those are frozen since Chinese celery is hard to find in NZ supermarket..
- Put your wok or pan on the stove at high temperature. Add oil and wait for the oil to heat..
- Throw in the squid, add salt and dashi stock to taste. Stir the Squid until the flesh turns solid white (as opposed to the transparent white colour of raw squid)..
- Add veges and stir for a few minutes. Remove from heat..
- Fill your soup pot with water and put on the stove at high temperature..
- Add grinded dried shrimp, salt and dashi stock to taste..
- Wash the bok choy and cut it into small pieces..
- Once water is boiled, throw in the bok choy and turn off the stove. Leave the pot on to let the heat cook the bok choy for 5 minutes..
- Serve with rice..
Bok Choy Gai See Tong (Bok Choy and Shredded Chicken Soup) by A Day in the Life on the Farm. Pork Prawn Wonton Soup by Food Lust People Love. Asian Beef and Green Bean Stir-Fry by Family Foodie. Banh Mi Hot Dog by Life Tastes Good. Chinese style squid stir-fry is a delicious and healthy way to eat squid.