Shiitake mushroom and bok choy soup. Sesame Udon with Braised Bok Choy and Mushrooms. Coconut Bok Choy Soup and Awesome Vegan. Shiitake Mushrooms are an edible mushroom native to East Asia.
The addition of glass or cellophane noodles, known in Japanese as harusame, certainly adds volume to. Add the bok choy, shiitake mushrooms, green onions, snow peas, soy sauce and sesame oil. Ladle into bowls then top with the green onion and toasted sesame seeds, if desired. You can have Shiitake mushroom and bok choy soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shiitake mushroom and bok choy soup
- You need 8 oz of fresh shiitake mushrooms sliced.
- Prepare 1 of onion sliced thin.
- It’s 2 of large carrots sliced thin.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 3 tbsp. of minced ginger.
- You need 3 cups of chopped bok choy.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of liquid aminos or soy sauce to taste.
- You need 1 tbsp. of fish sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp. of canola oil.
- Prepare 4 of green onions sliced for garnish.
Tender braised shiitake mushrooms and velvety sauce over a bed of vibrantly colored baby bok choy. The core ingredients of this dish are the mushrooms and bok choy. Review Body: Awesome, light and healthy! This simple clear soup featuring mushrooms, bok choy, and shrimp is a speedy supper option.
Shiitake mushroom and bok choy soup step by step
- Heat oil in pot and cook onion until soft. 3 minutes or so..
- Add carrots, ginger and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes..
- Add mushrooms. Continue cooking for 5 minutes on low heat..
- Add chicken stock, bok choy and seasonings.( sauces). Cook until bok choy is tender but not mushy. Around 15 minutes on low simmer..
- Add shredded chicken if desired..
- Garnish with green onion.
Made with baby bok choy (sometimes called Shanghai bok choy) and fragrant braised dried Chinese mushrooms, it's also a great dish to serve to your vegetarian or vegan guests! (You'll just need a quick substitution of vegetarian oyster sauce for regular oyster sauce.) This Soba Noodle Soup with bok choy, mushrooms and miso is the BEST! Return tofu and bok choy to pan. Break the udon noodles into small pieces. Add the noodles, mushrooms, and ginger to the simmering broth. In a small bowl, mix together oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, corn starch, and reserved mushroom water to form a thick sauce.