Walnut Bok choy. Learn how to prepare this easy Bok Choy with Walnuts recipe like a pro. The bok choy in this recipe can be swapped out for any other green, such as kale, spinach, or Swiss chard. Bok choy also contains glucosinolates, sulfur-containing compounds associated with reduced cancer risk.
Bok choy (American English), pak choi (British English), or pok choi (Brassica rapa subsp. chinensis) is a type of Chinese cabbage. Chinensis varieties do not form heads and have green leaf blades with lighter bulbous bottoms instead, forming a cluster reminiscent of mustard greens. Bok choy, also called Chinese cabbage or pak choi, is a member of the Brassica cabbage family. You can have Walnut Bok choy using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Walnut Bok choy
- Prepare 1 1/4 lb of bok choy.
- You need 1 cup of walnuts.
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of onion powder.
As a dark, leafy, cruciferous vegetable, bok choy is highly nutritious. Bok choy is a priceless ingredient in Asian dishes, including many Chinese stir-fry recipes. Explore fun and exciting ways to cook with this green. Bok choy is a cruciferous vegetable that has a variety of beneficial properties.
Walnut Bok choy step by step
- Wash your bok choy with mild soap and water leaves and stems. Then dry them.
- Heat oil in a pan or wok. Chop the bok choy into thirds. Add to oil. Add garlic, onion powder, and salt. Stifry till green leaves are wilted..
- Add walnuts stirfry on high heat 3 minutes. Stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Serve hope you enjoy!.
Find out how bok choy might help fight cancer, maintain bone health, boost the cardiovascular system, and improve. Bok choy is a cruciferous vegetable belonging to the mustard family along with cabbage, kale, cauliflower, mustard, turnips and broccoli. Perfect for a quick weeknight healthy vegetable dish. If you are wondering what bok choy is, let's get that out of the way first. Garlic bok choy is one of my go tos ways of preparing greens.