Baby Bok Choy One Pot Rice. The baby bok choy is cooked until tender, then soaked with a garlicky sauce that's savory and lightly sweet. It's such a great way to enjoy vegetables. When I get extra large baby bok choy, I further chop the outer leaves, leaving the green leafy part, and cutting the white part into smaller bite-size.
Drain thoroughly and transfer to the pan of. This means that baby bok choy is much sweeter than and is often served directly in soup or in salads. Bok choy, on the other hand, is much heartier, perfect You may use bok choy or baby bok choy for this recipe. You can have Baby Bok Choy One Pot Rice using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baby Bok Choy One Pot Rice
- It’s 2 Cups of Chopped Organic Baby Bok Choy.
- You need 2 Cups of Brown Rice.
- Prepare 2 1/2 Cups of Water.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
If you use bok choy, I recommend chopping into smaller pieces to expedite cooking time. With this easy bok choy rice, you can have something much more interesting in the same time as it takes to make plain rice. Combine water, rice, and soy sauce in a pot; bring to a simmer and stir in bok choy stems. Reduce heat to low, cover the pot with a lid, and cook until rice is almost cooked.
Baby Bok Choy One Pot Rice instructions
- Rinse the brown rice.
- Put the brown rice into the rice cooker.
- Add 2 1/2 cups water to the rice and start cooking.
- Right after the rice is done cooking and the warm button is ON, add chopped Baby Bok Choy, Salt and Pepper to the rice and mix them well.
- Cover the lid and let it cook/warm for about 10 minutes.
- Done and Enjoy.
They're also quicker to deal with; trim the tough stem piece from the bottom and I love my pressure cooker! Inspired by: Fuschia Dunlop, Blanched Choy Sum in Sizzling Oil, Every Grain of Rice. Perfect for a quick weeknight healthy vegetable dish. Once done, do a quick pressure release. Serve your bok choy warm and seasoned with the prepared.