Bottle gourd tomatoes soup 🍅 番茄葫芦瓜汤. This is a simple soup that can cook within a short period of time. Another great soup for busy working adults. Although easy to cook, this soup taste very.
Here comes a creamy and yummy bottle gourd soup. I love bottle gourd in this form. it's also excellent for children and old people as bottle gourd has a lot of health benefits. Tomato 番茄 (fan qie) is not a traditional Chinese vegetable but it is very popular in Chinese cuisine. You can have Bottle gourd tomatoes soup 🍅 番茄葫芦瓜汤 using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bottle gourd tomatoes soup 🍅 番茄葫芦瓜汤
- You need 1 bottle of gourd 2lbs.
- You need 1 of large tomatoes.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of olive oil.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Green Onion or cilantro for topping.
The Chinese prefers using fresh tomatoes in soups. It is rare to find Chinese soup recipes using canned tomatoes or puree. You wouldn't think that three ingredients — butter, onion, and tomato — can come together to make such a velvety and delicious tomato soup, but let me tell you. This tomato soup has a nice flavor, very tropical and savory.
Bottle gourd tomatoes soup 🍅 番茄葫芦瓜汤 step by step
- Remove the peel of the bottle gourd using a peeler.Cut lengthwise into quarters. Then rotate the wadge and slice it into 1/4 inch thickness pieces. Mince garlic and green Onion. Slice tomato into 8 wadges..
- Heat oil up in a medium sauce pan. Sauté garlic until aromatic. Add tomatoe wadges and bottle gourd all together. Season it with a little bit salt. Sauté for a minute. Add water to submerge the veggies. Cook on medium heat for at least 20 minutes. Once it's done, the gourd should be soft all over and tastes a hint of sweetness. Adjust seasoning at this point. Add green Onion right before serve. Great for a side dish in a meal with brown rice and a few other meat or veggies dishes..
Most excitingly, it is a one-pot recipe – so easy to make. If you don't know what to make for dinner, try this one. Note: Product links below are affiliate links. By cooking tomatoes in the soup, it will add tremendous flavours (and a beautiful reddish colour) to the soup! If you use sour-ish tomatoes, the soup will have a slight sour-ish taste which helps stimulates the appetite.