Sauted Bottle Gourd with Spicy Sardines. I used spicy canned sardines for this reason. This simple dish is quick to prepare and inexpensive. Put the sliced upo (bottle gourd) into the pan.
Add onions and garlic and saute until softened. The bottle gourd should be peeled and chopped into medium pieces. Add the chopped bottle gourd to the container along with other vegetables. You can cook Sauted Bottle Gourd with Spicy Sardines using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sauted Bottle Gourd with Spicy Sardines
- You need 1/2 of bottle gourd.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic chopped.
- You need 1 clove of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 piece of tomatoes chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 packages of maggi magic sarap.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare 2 can of spicy sardines.
Mix with the help of a spatula and add cumin powder, coriander powder and ginger-garlic paste to it. Talking about bottle gourd (Calabash), it's known to be a dietitian's favourite. Established as an Alkaline Vegetable… Bottle Gourd Juice encompasses the alkalinity which helps to flush out toxins by way of urine when combined with some lemon juice. Bottle gourd is known as sorakkai in Tamil, lauki or doodhi in Hindi and chorakaa in Malayalam.
Sauted Bottle Gourd with Spicy Sardines step by step
- Saute garlic, onion and chopped tomatoes.
- Add bottle gourd and 1 cup of water. Stir for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add spicy sardines, maggi magic sarap and salt to taste. Wait for anotther 3 minutes. ENJOY YOUR MEAL :).
Saute for a few seconds and then add onions, green chillies and curry leaves. Simple and delicious bottle gourd rice/lauki pulao is ready. You can serve it with raita or any spicy gravy. I make this bottle gourd halwa sometimes when we are too bored eating the same bottle gourd dishes. Add the grated lauki and saute it well in ghee.