You can have Cabbage Rolls using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cabbage Rolls
- You need 24 of cabbage leaves, steamed or boiled until rollable (2 cabbages).
- Prepare 2 lb of 85% lean ground beef.
- It’s 1 lb of bulk Italian hot sausage.
- Prepare 1 cup of uncooked white rice (Uncle Ben's).
- It’s 1 of medium-large yellow onion.
- It’s 4 of large eggs.
- Prepare 4 Tbs of ketchup.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of milk.
- You need 1 lb of mushrooms, chopped.
- It’s 1 of small handful of dry bread crumbs.
- You need 2 Tbs of dried parsley.
- You need 1 Tbs of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Tbs of dried oregano.
- Prepare 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s to taste of salt & pepper.
- Prepare 1 (28 oz) of can crushed tomato (add 1/2 can water).
- You need 2 (14 oz) of cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes.
Cabbage Rolls step by step
- Core out cabbage, carefully separate leaves. Blanch 4-5 leaves at a time. About 5 minutes. Once you get your 24 leaves, boil the remaining heads of cabbage for 5 minutes. Roughly chop and set aside..
- Mix in all ingredients besides crushed and fire-roasted diced tomatoes. In a separate bowl, mix water and crushed tomatoes together..
- Take 2 9×13 pans, lightly coat bottom of pans with the crushed tomato mixture..
- Place cabbage leaf with steam down towards you. Place 3/4 cup meat mixture onto the leaf. Form into a 2×4 inch loaf. Roll cabbage like a burrito. Place in pan. Repeat 24 times. (12 per pan) Sprinkle the remaining cabbage on top..
- Pour the rest of the tomato mixture on top of the cabbage rolls. Pour on top 1 can of the fire-roasted diced tomatoes per pan..
- Covered with foil. Cook cabbage rolls at 350 degrees for 90 minutes. Enjoy!.