Steelhead trout with spicy tomato and caper sauce. Unlike rainbow trout, steelhead trout looks just like salmon. Today we're cooking these beauties on a skillet to get that addicting crispy skin. Pan-Seared Steelhead Trout with Lemon Thyme Butter Sauce.
The truffled pea sauce is one of my favorites…fresh spring peas, blended with truffle oil, tarragon and lemon into a silky luscious sauce you will want to mop up with. Steelhead trout is flavored with honey, mesquite seasoning, and pepper for a quick and easy meal for weeknights. The honey/spicy thing that happens is a unique and wonderful thing for the trout! You can cook Steelhead trout with spicy tomato and caper sauce using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Steelhead trout with spicy tomato and caper sauce
- It’s 2 of steelhead trout fillets, deboned and descaled.
- It’s 1 of large shallot, chopped.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Cholula hot sauce.
- You need 250 g of whole cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of capers, drained.
- It’s 4 tbsp of unsalted butter.
Had a package of steelhead trout filets and no idea what to do. Yotam Ottolenghi's rainbow trout in spicy tomato and tamarind rasam sauce. This is why tomato sauces – a whole range of them, varying from each other immensely depending on where in the world they are cooked – work so well with fish. Shrimp In A Spicy Tomato Sauce #TastyTuesdays
Steelhead trout with spicy tomato and caper sauce step by step
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. Season the trout with salt and pepper and lay the fillets in the pan, skin-side down. Fry for 4 minutes, then flip and fry for 4 minutes on the other side. Remove the trout to a plate..
- Add the shallot and garlic to the pan and let sweat for 1 minute..
- Add the hot sauce, tomatoes, capers and butter to the pan. Use a sharp knife to poke holes in the tomatoes, and a spatula to flatten them and squeeze out their juice. Let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes. It should thicken very slightly. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste. Carefully peel the skin off the trout and pour the sauce over the fillets..
Shrimp Pasta with Roasted Tomato and Chili sauce. For the spicy tomato sauce, heat the oil in a saucepan and gently fry the onion and garlic until soft. Using a hand blender, process the sauce until smooth, adding more salt and freshly ground black pepper if required. To serve, place a spoonful of the rice onto a serving plate, arrange the trout halves. Tasha's ocean trout gravlax, dill cream cheese, rocket and capers.