Brad's crab florentine manicotti w/ parmesan, basil, caper sauce. See recipes for Caper Chicken, Tomato, Caper & Onion Bite too. Brad's crab florentine manicotti w/ parmesan, basil, caper sauce. With an abundance of fresh crab, this sounded great.
Place in a single layer in prepared baking dish. Cover with the Parmesan cheese sauce (does not have to cover completely!). Florentine Manicotti features shells stuffed with a creamy ricotta and spinach filling, then baked and topped with spaghetti sauce for a classic Italian meal. You can cook Brad's crab florentine manicotti w/ parmesan, basil, caper sauce using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's crab florentine manicotti w/ parmesan, basil, caper sauce
- Prepare of For the manicotti.
- You need 2 cups of lump crab meat.
- It’s 2 cups of ricotta cheese.
- You need 1 cup of chopped baby spinach.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbs of minced garlic.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan.
- You need 1 box of manicotti noodles.
- Prepare of For the sauce.
- You need 1/2 of medium onion, diced.
- You need 1 tbs of olive oil.
- You need 1 tbs of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbs of capers brined in white balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 2 cups of half and half.
- It’s 2 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil.
- You need of Around 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese.
- It’s of Other ingredients.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan.
- It’s of Fresh basil leaves for garnish.
Serve up classic Italian flavors with Florentine Manicotti. Add spinach, ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, eggs, lemon juice and pepper; mix well. Stuff large, uncooked tubes of manicotti with a delectable blend of spinach, cottage and ricotta cheese. Manicotti shells are filled with a beefy stuffing before being slathered with tomato sauce and baked.
Brad's crab florentine manicotti w/ parmesan, basil, caper sauce step by step
- Boil 6 qts water in a large pot. Salt to taste. Add manicotti noodles and boil 6 minutes. Strain in a colander and rinse with cold water. They will seem too al dente, but they will soften in 15 to 20 minutes. This is how you dont overcook the noodles and they will hold together better when stuffing them..
- While this is cooking mix the rest of the manicotti ingredients in a large mixing bowl..
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat. Add oil. Saute onions until they just start to brown. Add garlic and capers. Make sure to get a little caper brine in there too. Saute another 2 minutes..
- Add cream, basil, and bouillon. Slowly bring to a simmer..
- Meanwhile, stuff noodles with the filling. I used a butter knife. It seems to be a bit easier on the noodles..
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish. Arrange stuffed noodles in it..
- When sauce starts to simmer, slowly add mozzarella until sauce thickens a bit..
- Pour sauce over noodles and top with remaining cheeses. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes on the middle rack..
- Change your oven over to high broiler. All broilers are different, so keep an eye on it. I went another 10 minutes. You want the cheese to just start browning on top..
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Serve with fresh basil leaves for garnish. Enjoy..
Tuna with sesame sauce and parmesan mousse 金枪鱼配芝麻酱和帕玛森慕斯. spring roll with crab and spicy sauce 蟹肉和辣酱春卷. Crawfish Queso Blanco. topped with shrimp, lump crab, & mushrooms in a white butter sauce. See more ideas about Manicotti recipe, Manicotti, Cooking recipes. Spaghettini carbonara features pasta in a delicious parmesan-egg sauce with savory panetta. It's stuffed with beef, Italian sausage, ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan but I've also included recipe variations for Cheese Manicotti.