Carrot Cake. I've tried many carrot cakes, and this is my favorite recipe. I feel like carrot cake is a dessert most people tend to only make around Easter. But honestly, carrot cake is such an incredible dessert and I think it should be enjoyed all year long.
It wasn't until recently that we realized just how much we love carrot cake. This truly is the best carrot cake recipe! It's perfectly moist and delicious, made with lots of fresh carrots, and topped with the most heavenly cream cheese frosting. You can have Carrot Cake using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake
- You need of Batter.
- Prepare 3 cups of grated carrots.
- It’s 2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of Mazola oil.
- You need 4 of eggs (unbeaten).
- Prepare 3 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 3 cups of sifted flour.
- It’s 3 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of walnuts chopped.
- Prepare of Frosting.
- You need 1 Tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1 of large package Philadelphia cream cheese.
- You need 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped walnuts for garnish.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
This carrot cake cake sets the standard for carrot cakes everywhere. It's deeply moist and filled with toasted pecans. Carrot cake is cake that contains carrots mixed into the batter. Most modern carrot cake recipes have a white cream cheese frosting.
Carrot Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Grate carrots. Squeeze out all liquid using a cheesecloth or clean dish towel..
- In a large mixing bowl, mix carrots, sugar, and oil. Next, beat in eggs. Lastly, mix in dry ingredients..
- Bake for 50 minutes – 1 hour at 350 degrees..
- Frosting: Mix softened butter, vanilla, and cream cheese. Gradually add powdered sugar. Frost cake. Add nuts on top..
Sometimes pecans, pineapple, and shredded coconut is added in the mix. The origins of carrot cake are disputed. Spoon ¼ of the icing on top and spread in an even layer. For the full Carrot Cake Recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions, please visit our recipe page on Inspired Taste. Whether you want a carrot cake that's dense, moist and full of spice and nuts, or you like Try Rachel Allen's easiest carrot cake loaf for afternoon tea, Dan Lepard's carrot cake cupcakes for Easter, or.