Carrot Halwa. Carrot halwa or gajar halwa recipe – A slow cooked traditional Indian halwa or pudding made by simmering carrots in milk. Carrot halwa is popularly known as gajar ka halwa, gajrela or gajar halwa. Carrot halwa Recipe with step by step photos and video.
Saffron can be added instead of any food colour to get a nice colour to the. Carrot halwa is an Indian dessert made out of carrots, milk, and a sweetener. Carrot halwa, classic sweet recipe simple without khoya, complex ingredients, just cook the carrots in milk, add sugar and garnish with nuts and ghee. You can cook Carrot Halwa using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot Halwa
- It’s 2 Cups of grated winter carrots(desi).
- It’s 7-10 of Soaked dates.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dry fruit( Almonds,Cashews and pistachios soaked for 4 hrs).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of cardamom powder.
- You need 1/4 Cup of grated organic jaggery.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of grated fresh coconut.
- Prepare 6-7 of Saffron Strands.
That's it, perfect to celebrate a sweet. Carrot Halwa (Gajar Ka Halwa) – Carrot Halwa is one traditional North Indian dessert that is made during festivals, weddings and every special occasion. Carrot halwa, also known as gajar ka halwa, is an unusual Indian dessert. It's made with grated carrots, whole milk, dried fruit, and nuts, and it has a delicious light fudgy texture.
Carrot Halwa instructions
- Deseed dates and Soak in warm water for 1 hour and Soak dry fruits for at least 4 hours to make them active.In mixi jar add Soaked dates with little water and Grind to fine paste.keep aside.Peel of Almonds and Chop Dry fruits.soak saffron in 1 tbsp warm water.In a mixi jar add fresh coconut and 1 Cup water Grind it to make fine puree.strain it to make Coconut milk..
- In a earthern pot add grated carrots, dates paste, salt and mix well.cover and let it cook on low flame.Stirr it occasionally.Add Coconut milk,and mix it.cover and cook for 10-12 min till carrot is cooked.Add saffron Soaked water.mix it..
- Add chopped nuts,Cardamom powder.Mix well.cook for 1-2 min.Never Heat Coconut on direct Heat as it looses it's nutrients..
- Satvik,nutritious,Delicious carrot halwa is ready.Keep in fridge for 30 min and Serve it by garnishing with nuts..
Melt ghee in a saucepan over medium heat. Add milk and bring to a boil. Gajar Ka Halwa is a classical Indian dessert, this is also known as gajrala. Gajar ka Halwa is a delicious and popular sweet made with few ingredients, carrots, milk. Carrot Halwa Recipe, Carrots Meetha , How To Make Carrot Halwa Recipe.