Roasted Cheesy Cauliflower Soup.
You can have Roasted Cheesy Cauliflower Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
- Prepare 3-4 T. of Olive oil.
- You need 1 of lg. Onion.
- Prepare 1 head of Garlic.
- You need 2 heads of Cauliflower.
- It’s 2 T. of Butter.
- Prepare 1 c. of Shredded carrots.
- Prepare 1 of rib of celery.
- You need 32 oz. of Vegetable stock.
- It’s 2 c. of Heavy cream.
- You need 1 c. of Milk.
- You need 16 oz. of Extra-sharp cheddar cheese*.
- Prepare to taste of Salt & pepper.
- It’s of DON'T use pre-shredded cheese; won't melt properly.
Roasted Cheesy Cauliflower Soup instructions
- Preheat oven to 425°F..
- Rough chop the onion and put in large roasting pan. Separate garlic into cloves, remove skins, and add to pan. Cut cauliflower into florets and add to pan. Drizzle olive oil over all and toss with rubber spatula to evenly coat..
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through..
- In large soup pot, melt butter plus 1 T. olive oil over medium heat. Saute carrots and celery 5 minutes. Add 1 cup of the broth, cover and cook about 10 minutes to soften veggies..
- Set aside about 2 cups of the smaller cooked cauliflower florets. Add remaining roasting pan ingredients to the soup pot along with remaining stock. Blend to desired smooth consistency with an immersion blender..
- On medium heat, stir in cream and milk. When hot, stir in the shredded cheese a little at a time so it melts. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add reserved cauliflower florets..
- Serve hot with crackers..