You can have Celery Soup using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Celery Soup
- It’s 4-5 of celery sticks, chopped.
- It’s 2 of medium onions, chopped.
- Prepare 2-3 of medium potatoes, in 3cm chunks.
- Prepare 3-4 of garlic cloves, roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of Zatar or other spice (optional).
- You need of Oil.
- It’s 1 litre of vegetable stock. “Marigold” Bouillon powder is fine.
- Prepare 1 of dessert spoon per portion soured or other cream.
Celery Soup step by step
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or stock pot. Fry the onions gently for 3 minutes, until getting soft but not caramelised.
- Add the garlic and fry gently for a further minute..
- Stir and add the celery and fry gently for another minute..
- Add the potatoes and stock and give it a good stir. Bring to the boil..
- Stir in the Zatar or other spice, if wished. Reduce heat, cover and fast simmer for 25 minutes..
- Remove heat, blend to a nice, smooth consistency and season to taste. I rarely need to add salt..
- Serve piping hot, twerling the cream into the individual soup bowls and accompany with granary bread or crusty rolls..