Zesty cucumber and celery potato salad. This recipe is a zesty pasta salad which can be altered by adding your favorite vegetables – a great recipe for any occasion! This is a refreshing salad with cucumbers, onion, celery and corkscrew or wagon wheel pasta. Use the dressing as a dip, too!
But I made it exactly according to the recipe, using cider vinegar, roasted red pepper, and marinated artichoke hearts (I did use the oil from. Purple potatoes, unpeeled red-skinned potatoes, and white potatoes make up the delicious themed salad. This version includes eggs and a combination of Add this well-seasoned potato salad to your cookout menu. You can cook Zesty cucumber and celery potato salad using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Zesty cucumber and celery potato salad
- It’s 10 of medium potatoes.
- It’s 1/3 cup of chopped chives.
- You need 1/4 cup of Vegetable oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1/2 cup of plain yogurt or sour cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of thinly sliced celery.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped cucumber.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped green onions.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
Besides potatoes, the salad contains some chopped cucumber, celery, a small. Make the salad: Put the potatoes and garlic in a large pot. Remove from the heat and stir in the onion, celery and vinegar. Drain the potatoes and transfer them to a large bowl (discard the garlic).
Zesty cucumber and celery potato salad step by step
- Peel cut and boil potatoes until tender about 20 to 30 minutes. Drain and cool slightly..
- In a large bowl combined chives, oil, vinegar, onion, salt and pepper mixed well..
- Cut potatoes into cubes add the oil mixture. Toss to coat cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. (in this Picture I skipped a step and already added my chopped veggies to the oil mixture) you can wait and do this at the end..
- Mix yogurt and mayonnaise or sour cream and chill. Just before serving fold in mayo mixture and chopped celery, cucumber and green onions..
Quarter potatoes and put in a large bowl. Add onion, cucumber, and half the dressing; gently stir to coat. Add more dressing if you like, or save to use as a dip. Vinegar cucumber salad couldn't be easier to make and it is the perfect summer side dish! Rating Toss in the cucumbers, tomatoes, onion and dill, and season with salt and pepper.