Jako Fish and Celery Salad. Celery is the perfect vehicle for a salty, assertive dressing like this one. This celery salad recipe will surprise you! Crisp celery, toasted almonds, dates and Parmesan combine to create an irresistibly fresh salad.
I love its crunchy salty texture and here in this salad it becomes the backbone for the other delicious ingredients. This recipe was in inspired by an old classic over at Bon Appetit that I fiddled with by adding the lentils and toasted cumin seeds. Passed down from generation to generation, this salad is based on one made by Jon Snow, who owned a fish store in Sagaponack called Loaves When the fish is cool, flake the flesh into a bowl in large pieces. You can cook Jako Fish and Celery Salad using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jako Fish and Celery Salad
- You need 100 grams of Celery.
- You need 1 of more than 1 tablespoon Chirimen jako (semi-dried salted tiny sardines).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of Sesame oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 of less than 1 teaspoon Grated ginger.
- You need 1 of Toasted sesame.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper.
I threw the celery salad leftovers into a salmon salad; that too was delicious. It went very well with broiled fish. I think it would be great on a meat sandwich, too. Peel the carrots and trim the ends.
Jako Fish and Celery Salad step by step
- Remove the strings from the celery stem, and cut them into 4-5 cm..
- Put the celery and the seasonings and rub them. Jako fish is salty, so adjust the amount of salt when needed..
- Serve in a bowl and enjoy..
Trim the ends from the celery; thinly slice the celery on the diagonal. Cut the apple lengthwise into quarters Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish. For the celery and watercress salad, place the celery, leaves and watercress in a bowl. In a small bowl or jug, whisk the oil, vinegar and honey together. Just before serving pour the dressing over the salad and mix.