Trout in tomato chutney. Tomato Chutney Recipe with step by step photos. This is a spicy, tangy & tasty chutney made from tomatoes. It pairs extremely well with idli, dosa Tomato Chutney is a tangy and tasty South Indian chutney made from tomatoes, herbs and spices.
Spicy, tangy & flavorful tomato chutney. Tomato chutney is a traditional South Indian condiment made with tomatoes, spices and herbs. It is usually served with South Indian Breakfast dishes like Idli. You can have Trout in tomato chutney using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Trout in tomato chutney
- It’s of medium onion, chopped.
- It’s of garlic, sliced.
- It’s of cherry tomatoes, halved.
- It’s of soy sauce.
- Prepare of maple syrup.
- It’s of jalapeno chili, halved and sliced.
- It’s of side skin-on steelhead trout, cut into 3 or 4 fillets.
Perk up your meal with this savory Tomato chutney. This chutney is best served as a side dish with any kind of stuffed Paratha or over plain white rice. Tomato Onion Chutney is one of the popular chutney prepared in several states of South India. चटपटी चटाकेदार टमाटर की चटनी जिसको महीने भर स्टोर कर सकते हो – Tomato/Tamatar ki Chatpati Chatni. tomato chutney, but reduces the shelf life of this chutney. while chutney recipes are heavily used in india and in its cuisine, but ironically it is finally do visit my other chutney recipes collection which can be easily served during breakfast or with plain rice. particularly, coconut chutney, hotel style coconut. Simple Tomato Chutney is the perfect accompaniment to idli and dosas!
Trout in tomato chutney instructions
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large pan on high heat. Add the onions and saute for 1 minute until softened. Add the garlic and saute another 1 minute..
- Add the tomatoes to the pan along with a pinch of salt and several grinds of black pepper. Stir in the soy sauce and maple syrup. Turn the heat down to medium and let simmer until the tomatoes start to wilt and break down (about 5 minutes)..
- Add a half cup of water and the chili to the pan. Season the fish with salt and pepper and carefully lay the fillets into the pan, skin-side down. Cover and continue simmering for 10 minutes. Do not flip the fish over. Instead, spoon some sauce over the fillets every few minutes. Remove the trout skin before serving (it should peel right off). Serve with steamed rice with lots of chutney ladled on top..
This vegan south Indian tomato chutney is easy to make with basic This recipe of tomato chutney is one of my favorites. It's simple and goes well with so many things! India is a country of spices, achar (pickle) and chutney. This tomato chutney recipe is easy to make and tastes great just on crackers. As this chutney disappears instantly with my family and friends, I always like to make a large amount (but there Spicy and sweet, this delicious chutney goes well with breads, cheeses and chicken.