Italian spaghetti pasta salad. This spaghetti pasta salad with Italian dressing comes together quickly and easily and is a snap to make for even the most novice of home cooks. Italian pasta salad is as simple to make as chopping up some veggies, tossing them with cooked spaghetti, and dousing in homemade Italian dressing. Our Italian spaghetti salad recipe (sometimes called California spaghetti salad or just spaghetti pasta salad) is full of delicious flavor!
This a a spaghetti salad recipe with Italian dressing, and other fresh garden ingredients. These are our favorite ingredients that go into a spaghetti salad: Pasta – use spaghetti. Veggies – green pepper, red pepper, cucumbers, red onion, cherry tomatoes – add your favorites! You can cook Italian spaghetti pasta salad using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian spaghetti pasta salad
- It’s of box spaghetti.
- You need of cucumbers cut.
- It’s of Grape or cherry tomatoes cut in.
- Prepare of Small can of black olives drained.
- It’s of red bell pepper cut in bite size pieces.
- It’s of a red onion cut in small pieces.
- Prepare of mini pepperoni optional or can the the regular size pepperoni in half, that’s what I do.
- It’s of Dressing.
- It’s of pepper.
- Prepare of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare of sugar.
- You need of kosher salt.
- It’s of garlic minced.
- It’s of red wine vinegar.
- It’s of olive oil.
- It’s of I like to use store Italian dressing to save time.
This Italian-inspired spaghetti salad is one of my go-to recipes for any potluck. Just make sure to not mix in the arugula until right before serving. This Spaghetti Salad is PERFECT for a party or a potluck because it feeds a crowd! It can be thrown together in a matter of minutes and has amazing flavor.
Italian spaghetti pasta salad step by step
- Cook box of spaghetti, drain, Cool off pasta by running cold water over it when still in colander. put cooked spaghetti in a big bowl,chill in refrigerator for 15-20 mins..
- Add the cut veggies to the chilled cooked spaghetti and mix well..
- Make dressing or can skip this step and use Italian dressing. Add all dressing ingredients to a bowl, add wet ingredients and mix well..
- Add dressing to spaghetti mixture, and the pepperoni mix well.
- Chill in the fridge for four hours or over night. (this is good just chilled at 2 hrs).
- Add some parmesan cheese right before serving and some black pepper. mix up before serving.Enjoy 😉.
- Notes- I didn’t have all the veggies on hand so I used what I had, and I add some salami, I left out Black olives because Iam not a big fan of them… use what you have, peppers, would be good in this.(This would be a good dish to make if you have a lot of veggies or leftover veggies from other recipe / veggies that need to be used before they go bad.) you can put anything in this really make it our own love to see photos of what you come up with..
- Link to the video that I got my inspiration from for this awesome recipe. https://youtu.be/1eS_UBr-68g.
After it is mixed, pour the Italian dressing mixture over top of the spaghetti and vegetables and mix it all together. Pasta salad is truly as easy as boiling water and tossing in a few key ingredients. Just stick to this simple formula, cool the pasta correctly, and lean on this flavorful dressing every time you need to whip one up. When you can't decide between your two favorite carbs. The simplest homemade spaghetti sauce, ever.