Fresh Sweet Corn Salad. CORN: This Corn Salad recipe starts with a base of delicious sweet corn (of course), if you have time it's worth making grilled corn to use in this recipe it before you cut it off the cob. DRESSING: I then add in some fresh veggies and toss it all with a simple homemade vinaigrette (and once in a while I add in. I have used fresh sweet corn.
You can steam them in a pressure cooker, steamer or. We love fresh summer corn when it's in season, but frozen corn makes a great year-round substitute in this quick and easy side dish. Napa Sweet Corn Salad is full of flavor and crunch! You can have Fresh Sweet Corn Salad using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fresh Sweet Corn Salad
- You need of corn, fresh is best (canned /frozen will work).
- You need of Cucumbers, roughly peeled and diced.
- Prepare of Cherry Tomatoes, quartered.
- It’s of large red pepper, diced.
- You need of large green pepper, diced.
- You need of Onion, diced.
- It’s of garlic, minced.
- It’s of jalapenos, minced.
- It’s of Dressing:.
- You need of olive oil.
- You need of Balsamic Vinegar.
- It’s of Lemon Juice.
- Prepare of Lime Juice.
- It’s of Sugar.
Serve as a fresh and healthy side dish with dinner, or take to your next picnic or potluck. Although the only visual proof Ben and I have of taking a babymoon a couple months back is a picture of my water cheersing his Hendrick's martini, it happened! This fresh corn salad recipe features raw sweet corn, fresh herbs, cucumber, radishes, jalapeño, tomato and more! This salad would make a beautiful presentation at your summertime get-togethers, or on your dinner table.
Fresh Sweet Corn Salad instructions
- Get all your ingredients together, and use the counts and measurements in my ingredients list above loosely. If you have more corn or less cucumbers its still a salad :).
- If you are using fresh corn go ahead and blanch it for 5 minutes in boiling salted water, remove from pot to a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking process. After the corn has cooled cut the kernels from the cob using the old bunt cake pan method..
- Then you peel, chop, dice all the veggies you are using. Place in a giant bowl and stir. I roughly peel my home grown cucumbers but if you are using store bought with the wax coating you are going to want to remove all the peeling..
- Put together dressing ingredients or use any store bought vinaigrette style dressing you want. If you are going to eat this all week (as I plan to) avoid adding salt until serving as it will pull moisture from the veggies and all the extra juice ruins the fresh taste. Also store in a flat cassarole style dish to prevent all those juices congregating at the bottom and ruining your presentation. I hope you enjoy!.
It goes well with grilled options and balances out heavier main dishes. Fresh Sweet Corn Salad Recipe by Our Best Bites. This salad is fresh, light, and goes with everything. Be sure to use fresh sweet corn when making it, the sweeter the better. If you make it the day before Drain corn and cut from cob.