Quick Sardine Salad with Orange Vinaigrette & Capers for 2. Honey, orange juice and Dijon mustard are shaken with a good balsamic vinegar until well combined. Chill and serve over a simple green salad or splash onto warm In a small jar with a tight-fitting cover, combine the orange juice, vinegar, mustard, honey and pepper. Cover and shake well until combined.
Top tip for making Sardines with fennel and orange salad. Take the heads of the sardines, if you prefer. In a blender, combine the orange zest, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, salt, and pepper. You can cook Quick Sardine Salad with Orange Vinaigrette & Capers for 2 using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quick Sardine Salad with Orange Vinaigrette & Capers for 2
- You need of (1) 5 oz. packet of spring mix or baby arugula.
- It’s of grape or cherry tomatoes, halved.
- Prepare of medium carrot, julienned or shredded.
- It’s of of a small mild/sweet onion, very thinly sliced.
- It’s of medium orange of a sweet variety (like Navel or Valencia).
- Prepare of vinegar (I used red wine today, but distilled white, white wine, or sherry vinegar would all work fine.).
- It’s of fresh cracked black pepper.
- You need of kosher salt.
- It’s of olive oil.
- You need of small can of sardines in olive oil (My can was 4.375 oz, but they vary.).
- You need of capers in vinegar.
With the blender running, add the To serve, put the spinach in a large bowl. Toss with enough of the vinaigrette to coat the spinach. Sprinkle with the crisp prosciutto crumbles, toss. Making homemade salad dressings is so quick and easy, that I definitely recommend homemade when possible.
Quick Sardine Salad with Orange Vinaigrette & Capers for 2 step by step
- Put salad greens, onions, tomatoes, and carrots in a large mixing bowl..
- Add freshly cracked pepper to taste, salt (start on the lower end of the measurements), and squeeze in the juice of the orange. Tip: Rolling the orange with firm pressure right before squeezing will break the pulp and release more juice..
- Drizzle in olive oil (start with 1.5 Tablespoons) and vinegar (start with 1.5 Tablespoons) and toss thoroughly. Adjust seasoning as desired..
- Divide the dressed salad mixture over two plates and top each with half of the canned fish and capers to taste. I like to add a little extra cracked pepper here. 😉 Enjoy!.
I throw all the ingredients for this orange vinaigrette into the blender and it's done in just a minute. If you do food-prep on Sundays, adding a new dressing each week might be fun. Vinaigrette salad (or salad "vinegret" how it is called in russian) is traditional salad of russian cuisine. It is made of boiled vegetables (beets, potatoes and carrots), onions, sauerkraut and cucumbers pickled in salt. Some recipes call for peas instead of boiled beans, some others skip beans all together.