Sausage Meatball Sandwich w/Balsamic Glaze. In this episode, Chef Jackie is taking her leftover sausage from the Arancini and the leftover peppers Ingredients of Sausage Meatball Sandwich w/Balsamic Glaze. In this episode, Chef Jackie is taking her leftover sausage from the Arancini and the leftover peppers from the Big Boot Italian Salad and cooks up a Sausage and Pepper Sandwich that is not your typical Jersey saus & pepp sammy. Balsamic-Glazed Roasted Beets by Once Upon A Chef.
Bite-size meatballs are soaked in a sweet and tangy sauce made with balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and red wine. Perfect appetizers or side dish and definitely kid-friendly. Bake over a broiler pan to get rid of the grease. You can cook Sausage Meatball Sandwich w/Balsamic Glaze using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sausage Meatball Sandwich w/Balsamic Glaze
- Prepare of Bianco and Sons, Garlic and Cheese Sausage.
- You need of Italian seasoned Bread Crumbs.
- Prepare of chopped Garlic.
- Prepare of chopped fresh Basil.
- Prepare of Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Prepare of eggs.
- It’s of tblsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need of Cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare of Balsamic Vinegar Glaze.
- It’s of Fresh Mozzarella cheese.
- It’s of hoagie rolls.
- Prepare of chopped fresh Basil for topping.
- It’s of chopped onion.
Adding one or two links of fresh, spicy sausage is delicious. Just slice open the casings and add the meat. Balsamic vinegar cooks down to a glaze that clings to the sandwich fillings, adding a hint of sweetness and a touch of acidity. Pressing the sandwich after assembling it conducts the heat from the chicken and cooked vegetables to melt the cheese.
Sausage Meatball Sandwich w/Balsamic Glaze step by step
- Take sausage out of casings and crumble in a medium bowl, add, bread crumbs, cheese, basil, olive oil and eggs mix to combine and make golf size meatballs, you can place in oven, grill or fry in a pan,.
- While meatballs are cooking skewer tomatoes and brush with oil and place on Grill or put in oven till softened but not mushy.
- Take hoagie rolll or whatever roll you like and toast slightly, slice or keep meatball whole. Put tomatoes on roll then mozzarella then meatballs sprinkle some sluced fresh basil and swirl balsamic glaze on top,,enjoy. 😊.
In a small, shallow sauté pan, add the balsamic vinegar and sugar. Pour balsamic glaze over the beets. Stir in grated orange zest, and add salt and pepper to taste. Brush the glaze evenly over the meatballs. I paired them with an herb salad w/balsamic dressing, bottle of wine…it.