Fattoush. In this channel you can expect series of unique and traditional dishes and desserts. Subscribe to get notified when I upload a new video! This authentic Lebanese Fattoush Salad is made with well-seasoned fried pita bread, seasonal vegetables and tossed in a zesty sumac Mediterranean dressing.
This fattoush salad recipe is made with a delicious blend of fresh greens, veggies and herbs, crispy Fattoush is also meant to be a clean-out-the-crisper-drawer sort of situation, typically featuring a base. Fattoush is no different, except that the addition of toasted pita and loads of fresh herbs make fresh summer produce — think juicy tomatoes and cool, crunchy radishes and cucumber — blush with flavor. Lebanon's most famous salad, fattoush, is a juicy, crunchy mix of herbs, cucumber, tomatoes, and pita, bright with the flavor of sumac. You can cook Fattoush using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fattoush
- Prepare of For crispy pita bites:.
- Prepare of pita breads.
- It’s of olive.
- It’s of Kosher salt.
- You need of For salad:.
- You need of romaine lettuce, torn into bite size pieces.
- You need of I pint cherry tomatoes halved.
- You need of English cucumber halved and thinly sliced.
- You need of medium red onion thinly sliced & separated into 1/2 circles.
- It’s of fresh mint leaves torn into small pieces.
- You need of Lemon sumac dressing:.
- Prepare of garlic minced.
- You need of fresh lemon juice (about one lemon).
- It’s of honey.
- Prepare of sumac.
- Prepare of kosher salt or more.
- You need of freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare of third cup extra virgin olive oil.
Fattoush is one of the most well known Middle Eastern salads and a standard dish on the 'mezza' (small dishes) table. It's a colorful tossed salad with a lemony garlic dressing, and if you've never. Fattoush includes vegetables and herbs according to season and taste. The vegetables are cut into relatively large pieces compared to tabbouleh which.
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Cut pitas in half. Separate the top from the bottom and tear into bite size pieces. Transfer to a bowl and drizzle with olive oil; toss to coat. Spread on a baking sheet and season with kosher salt. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, tossing once, until crisp and golden brown. Remove from oven and transfer to a bowl to keep from over browning. Set aside..
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss gently to combine..
- In a separate bowl combine first 6 dressing ingredients (garlic through black pepper); whisk until combined and honey has dissolved. Add olive oil in a slow but steady stream, whisking constantly until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper..
- Drizzle dressing over salad and gently toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle crispy pita bites over the top and serve!.
It is an interesting colorful salad with bright lemony and fresh minty notes. You can use whatever vegetables you have the real secret is in the vinaigrette. Quite a few years ago, I used to work at a bank in Troy, MI and there used to be a Lebanese restaurant called La Shish nearby. Fattoush, a traditional Lebanese salad, is a delicious combination of fresh veggies, a bright citrus dressing, herbs and toasted pita bread. Fattoush recipe is a simple Middle Eastern chopped salad recipe that's perfect for any meal.