Mediterranean oats. The Mediterranean Diet is a Way of Eating that has helped millions regain and maintain their health with a delicious and nutritiuos diet. Everyone can benefit by fully adopting the Mediterranean Diet. Source: The With or Without Meat Cookbook.
The following is a list of islands in the Mediterranean Sea. Process till the oats turn into a coarse flour. The idea reminds me of my Mediterranean chickpea oat balls, which have become a staple. You can have Mediterranean oats using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mediterranean oats
- Prepare of oats.
- It’s of water.
- You need of cherry tomatoes , halved.
- You need of baby spinach leaves.
- Prepare of basil leaves.
- Prepare of red chilli flakes.
- Prepare of black pepper powder, freshly crushed.
- It’s of lemon juice.
- Prepare of feta cheese , cubed.
- It’s of salt.
History of oats – Where do oats come from? Oats are originally from West Asia, but people grew They thought of oats as a nuisancey weed that was always getting into their yummy wheat and barley. Both oats and oatmeal may provide us with special digestive benefits, partly in connection Intake of oats and oatmeal has been associated with optimal levels of viscosity in which it becomes easier for. Oats are a favorite breakfast dish for many, but they're especially beneficial for athletes due to specific nutrients they contain.
Mediterranean oats instructions
- In a heavy bottomed, nonstick pan add oats water,cherry tomatoes,red chilli flakes,black pepper powder and salt..
- Cover and let cook,stirring ocassionally,on low heat until the oats are half done..
- Add the spinach and basil leaves, stir through..
- Continue cooking until a porridge like consistency is reached.Turn heat off..
- Add feta cheese and lemon juice;stir through. Cover with lid and set aside for 5 minutes..
- Spoon into individual bowl and serve hot..
One of the questions I often get is 'Are oatmeal or oats paleo-friendly?'. I've put together a simple guide to oats on a paleo diet, including nutritional know-how; plus. Oats are one of the few whole grains you'll find many varieties of on the grocery shelf, making them an extremely versatile ingredient. With such a wide selection available. With oatmeal from the UK and Community Trade organic almond milk from Spain.