Tom yum soup. Tom yum or tom yam is a type of hot and sour Thai soup, usually cooked with shrimp (prawn). Tom yum has its origin in Thailand. The words "tom yam" are derived from two Thai words.
Choose from the classic clear Tom Yum Goong, or make the creamy Tom Yum version – both are made with the same broth. This Thai tom yum soup will stay on your family favorite list forever. It's made with shrimp, chicken At first sip of this Thai tom yum soup, you'll be overcome by the intoxicating flavors of lemongrass. You can have Tom yum soup using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tom yum soup
- You need 4-6 slices of ginger.
- It’s 2 sticks of lemongrass (slices into 3).
- It’s 2 of shallots, quartered.
- Prepare 6 of whole green chillies, bashed.
- Prepare 4 of kaffir lime leaves, stalks discarded.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves – halved.
- You need 8 of mushrooms quartered.
- It’s 8 of cherry tomatoes, halfed.
- It’s 1 of veg stock pot in 800ml water (or fish stock if you have it).
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 6 of coriander stalks and leaves.
- You need 2 tbsp of chilli sauce or siracha sauce.
- You need 2 of flat rice noodle nests.
- It’s 12-14 of raw prawns.
- It’s of Juice of 2 limes.
This truly authentic Tom Yum Soup Recipe is straight from our travels to Southeast Asia this summer. Tom Yum Soup. featured in Immunity-Boosting Foods. Tom Yum Soup – Easy To Make Homemade Vegetarian Thai Soup Recipe By Ruchi Bharani. Thai Food Recipes: Thai Recipes: Food: Tom Yum Goong Soup One Of My Favorite Soup Recipes.
Tom yum soup step by step
- Quickly fry off the ginger, lemongrass, shallots, chillis, kaffir lime leaves, chopped coriander stalks (reserve leaves for later) and garlic..
- Add the stock and simmer for 10 minutes, then add the fish sauce, siracha, mushrooms and tomatoes. Cook for another 2-3 minutes. Check and season to taste..
- Add the noodles and prawns and simmer for 5 minutes more. Check the prawns and noodles are cooked through and remove from the heat..
- Squeeze in the juice of two limes. Serve and garnish with the coriander leaves..
Tom Yum Soup – the BEST Thai Tom Yum Goong recipe you'll find online. Loaded with shrimp and mushroom, Tom Yum is spicy, sour, savory, and addictive! Classic tom yum soup with all the hot sour flavours you'd expect. Packed with herbs, spices and To serve, pour the soup into two bowls and top up with the hot stock. This Tom Yum soup recipe features step by step image directions.