Courgettes and peas bake. This silky roasted courgette soup is packed with flavour, from slow-cooked courgette blitzed with peas and basil, and finished with ciabatta croutons. Roasting the courgettes and leeks brings out their sweetness, and the star of the show is actually the roasted garlic cloves which mellow in the oven so. Have a glut of courgettes in the garden?
For the sprialised courgette, you will need a spiraliser or large noodle attachment of a free-standing mixer or food processor. Try Jamie Oliver's speedy pasta recipe with courgette, lemon and peas for an easy family dinner idea. Find more healthy pasta recipes over at Toss the drained pasta and peas into the courgette pan with a good splash of pasta water. You can cook Courgettes and peas bake using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Courgettes and peas bake
- You need of courgettes.
- You need of onion.
- Prepare of short pasta.
- Prepare of breadcumbs.
- Prepare of cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare of tsp of nutmeg.
- You need of bay leaves.
- You need of olive oil.
- You need of salt and pepper.
Tear in the mint leaves, then finely grate in most of the Parmesan. Herby courgettes and peas with semolina porridge. Spiralize courgettes for a nutritious alternative to add to fragrant soups, vegetarian ricotta tarts and fresh summer rolls. We love courgette spaghetti, so we've created some easy courgetti recipes to enjoy this healthy food trend.
Courgettes and peas bake step by step
- Add a pinch of salt to one tablespoon of olive oil in a non stick pan. Chop the onions finely and shallow fry them for five minutes or so until golden..
- In the meantime, chop the courgettes. The smaller you chop them, the sooner they will become mushy – so it depends on your preference. These are 1-2 cm..
- Add the courgettes to the pan with the nutmeg, the bay leaves and a generous pinch of pepper. Stir and cover with a lid. Let it cook for 15-20 minutes..
- Once they have become soft and creamy, remove the lid but continue cooking so that the water evaporates..
- In the meantime, preheat the oven at 200 C. Cook the pasta with the peas. Leave the pasta a few minutes undercooked as it will finish cooking in the oven..
- Chop the cherry tomatoes in half..
- Once cooked, mix the pasta and the peas in with the courgettes and remove from heat. Add salt to taste..
- Fill an oven dish with the pasta and courgettes, cover it with the breadcrumbs and lay the tomatoes on top. Drizzle generously with olive oil..
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the breadcrumbs look crispy. (I burned the tomatoes a bit here)..
Delicately spiced courgette and pea cakes. Courgettes have to be harvested regularly to keep them coming though, so you have no choice but to harvest them! Courgette Fritters are usually made with grated courgettes (zucchini), plus a binding ingredient like flour or breadcrumbs and eggs, plus herbs for flavour. You can do this with this recipe, however, I prefer to bake them in the oven so that they are less greasy. This courgette recipe includes plenty of bright veggies to help you on your way to five-a-day; including lovely green beans, fresh peas along with onions Green beans are packed with different vitamins like vitamin A and vitamin C, along with calcium and iron, while fresh peas are a great source of dietary.