sugar snap pea & cherry tomato pasta. The name "sugar snap peas" may sound like a sugary treat, but these plump peapods are actually a non-starchy vegetable. Sugar snap peas are easy to grow, and lots of fun to eat. Say hello to this super easy sugar snap peas with lemon side dish.
We love eating our sugar snap peas raw. They are absolutely perfect for dipping and that crunch factor is so good! And the best thing about sugar snap peas is that you eat the entire pod, so you don't. You can cook sugar snap pea & cherry tomato pasta using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of sugar snap pea & cherry tomato pasta
- It’s 1/2 cup of low-fat cottage cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of nonfat buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped fresh dill.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 tsp of freshly grated lemon zest.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 of ground black pepper.
- It’s 8 oz of whole-wheat bowtie pasta.
- Prepare 8 oz of fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed (about 2 cups).
- Prepare 2 cup of red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved.
- You need 4 of scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced.
Sugar snap peas are delicious and easy to prepare. You can eat them raw or cooked, and they go great with a variety of different recipes. Raw sugar snap peas are a convenient snack you can take. Sugar snap peas sautéed with minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
sugar snap pea & cherry tomato pasta step by step
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for coming pasta.
- Meanwhile, puree cottage cheese until smooth in a blender or mini food processor. Add buttermilk and oil process until smooth. Scrape into a storage container and stir in dill, parsley, parmesan, lemon zest and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and set aside in the refrigerator..
- Cook pasta in boiling water until just tender, about 10 minutes. Add peas and cook until crisp-tender, about 1 minute. Drain and rinse under cold running water..
- Place pasta and peas in a large container and toss with tomatoes and scallions. Season with salt and pepper..
- Just before serving, toss salad with dressing..
Spread sugar snap peas in a single layer on a medium baking sheet, and brush with olive oil. Sugar snap peas are a fantastic spring treat, only in season for a few weeks, and naturally sweet enough to snack on raw. If you're addicted to chips, here's your healthy substitute. Sugar snap peas are about to become your newest veggie love. Even more so if they come from your own garden.