Japanese Hiyashi Chuka Ramen. Hiyashi chuka is Japanese cold ramen noodle mixed with homemade dressing and topped with egg, imitation crab, shrimp, ham, cucumber, and tomato. Although the store bought hiyashi chuka package comes with dressing, it has lots of MSG and preservatives. For a healthier option, you can.
Hiyashi chūka is made with cold Chinese-style egg noodles, with sweet vinegar sauce and topped with vegetables, egg and ham. It is a great dish to have If you can buy fresh Japanese ramen noodles, that will be best. I can't get them so I usually buy fresh Chinese egg noodles from Asian grocery stores. You can cook Japanese Hiyashi Chuka Ramen using 15 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Japanese Hiyashi Chuka Ramen
- It’s of Fortune Hong Kong Style Noodle.
- Prepare of Japanese cucumber.
- You need of Ham.
- It’s of Bean Sprout.
- Prepare of Egg.
- It’s of Potato Starch + 1/2 tbsp water.
- You need of Prowns.
- Prepare of Crab Sticks.
- You need of Small Tomato (Cherry Tomato).
- It’s of <Sauce>.
- It’s of Konbu Tsuyu (Konbu seaweed Soy Sauce).
- You need of Rice Vinegar.
- You need of Water.
- It’s of Suger.
- Prepare of Sesame Oil.
Vegan Hiyashi Chuka is a Japanese cold ramen noodle dish with an assortment of toppings doused in a delicious sesame sauce. A light and refreshing meal perfect for the summer months! Every year, noodles seem to be my choice of carbs during the summer months. Hiyashi Chūka or "chilled ramen" is a cold Japanese ramen salad that's the perfect light meal for a hot summer day.
Japanese Hiyashi Chuka Ramen instructions
- Mixing all sauce ingredients and put into a refrigerator before eat..
- Break the egg into a bowl and stir the egg, add the watery potato starch. Heat a pan and add oil. Remove excess oil with paper towel. Add 1/2 of the egg mixture to the pan and move the egg so that it's spread every across pan. When the egg solidifies, turn over, and cook it. Cut into thin strip..
- Cut the cucumbers and Ham into thin strip. Tear the crab stick into narrow strip..
- Boil the bean sprout and squeeze well..
- De-vein the prawn and peel. And boil it..
- Boil the noodles 40 seconds. Drain the boiling water, rinse by hand in running water and place on a strainer to drain the water..
- Place the noodles in a dish, then top with egg, cucumber, ham, crab stick, bean sprout, prawns, small tomato, and finally pour in the noodle dipping sauce..
- Fortune Hong Kong Style Noodle SG$2.95/420gram at FairPrice.
- Pasar Japanese Cucumber SG$1.1/250gram at FairPrice.
- BoBo Honey Baked Chicken Ham SG$3.4/200grams at FairPrice.
- Sakura Bean Sprouts SG$1.3/320grams at FairPrice.
- Lining Sea Stix Crab Sticks SG$2.2/145gram at FairPrice.
- Yamasa Konbutsuyu – SG$7~9/L at Dondon Donki, Mid Town Mart etc.
- Mizoram Rice Vinegar SG$3.8/500ml at FairPrice, TedMart.
- Japanese White Suger SG$3.5/kg at DonDon Donki.
- Double Pagoda Sasame Oil Pure SG $4.0/250ml at FairPrice.
With loads of veggies and protein over a bed of chilled ramen noodles drizzled with a tangy sesame dressing, it's sure to wake your appetite on even the hottest of days. One of my favorite chilled meals: hiyashi chuka, chilled ramen topped all sorts of goodies and tossed in a bright, simple dressing. Add a dollop of hot Japanese mustard in the middle. To eat, pour dressing on top of the noodles at the table, toss to combine. Hiyashi chūka (冷やし中華, literally "chilled Chinese") is a Chinese noodle style Japanese dish consisting of chilled ramen noodles with various toppings served in the summer.