Honey Mustard Cobb Salad.
You can have Honey Mustard Cobb Salad using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Honey Mustard Cobb Salad
- It’s of Dressing/Marinade:.
- You need of honey.
- Prepare of whole grain mustard.
- Prepare of smooth and mild Dijon mustard.
- You need of olive oil.
- Prepare of Apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar), (OPTIONAL — to cut through the sweetness).
- You need of minced garlic.
- Prepare of Salt to season.
- Prepare of skinless and boneless chicken thighs or chicken breasts.
- Prepare of For Salad:.
- You need of diced bacon, trimmed of rind and fat.
- Prepare of Romaine lettuce leaves, washed.
- Prepare of sliced grape or cherry tomatoes (I use red peppers to substitute).
- You need of large avocado, pitted and sliced.
- You need of corn kernels.
- Prepare of of a red onion, sliced.
Honey Mustard Cobb Salad instructions
- Whisk marinade / dressing ingredients together to combine. Pour half the marinade into a shallow dish to marinade the chicken fillets for two hours if time allows. Refrigerate the reserved untouched marinade to use as a dressing..
- Heat a nonstick pan (or grill pan or skillet) over medium heat with about a teaspoon of oil and sear / grill chicken fillets on each side until golden, crispy and cooked through. (Grill in batches to prevent excess water being released.) Once chicken is cooked, set aside and allow to rest..
- Wipe pan over with paper towel; drizzle with another teaspoon of oil and fry the bacon until crispy..
- Slice chicken into strips and prepare salad with leaves, tomatoes, avocado slices, corn, onion strips and chicken..
- Whisk 2 tablespoons of water into the remaining untouched marinade / dressing and drizzle over the salad. Sprinkle the bacon over the top and season with a little extra salt and cracked pepper (optional)..