Gnocchi With Pomodoro Sauce.
You can cook Gnocchi With Pomodoro Sauce using 14 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gnocchi With Pomodoro Sauce
- You need of DeLallo extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon.
- It’s of stems fresh Italian flat leaf parsley.
- You need of stems fresh oregano.
- Prepare of stems fresh rosemary.
- You need of stems fresh basil, plus 2 more stems for garnish.
- Prepare of yellow onion, diced.
- You need of garlic, pressed or minced.
- You need of can DeLallo San Marzano tomatoes.
- Prepare of Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s of red pepper flakes.
- It’s of heavy cream (optional).
- It’s of package DeLallo potato gnocchi.
- You need of cherry size mozzarella balls, cut in half.
- Prepare of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Gnocchi With Pomodoro Sauce instructions
- Add ¼ cup olive oil to a 10-inch high sided sauté pan or a saucepan over medium heat..
- Add the parsley, oregano, rosemary and 2 stems of basil and cook for about 5 minutes or until the herbs become crisp..
- Remove the herbs and discard them..
- Add the onion and garlic to the oil, lowering the heat if needed so the onions cook gently and don't brown..
- Cook until the onions are transparent, about 5-7 minutes..
- Crush the tomatoes with your hand and add to the pan with juice..
- Season with kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper and red pepper flakes and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the sauce reduces and thicken, stirring occasionally..
- Stir in the heavy cream and remove from the heat..
- Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to a boil and add the gnocchi..
- Season generously with kosher salt and cook until the gnocchi float to the top of the boiling water..
- Drain and then place the gnocchi into the cooked sauce..
- Top with the halved mozzarella balls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese then drizzle the tops of the gnocchi with the remaining olive oil..
- Broil for 5-8 minutes or until the cheese melts and the tops become crispy..
- Garnish with additional basil leaves and serve immediately..