Cherry Tomato Couscous Recipe. It has been nearly two years since I spent a weekend in the Northern California backwoods at my friend Lori's family cabin. Lori made this delicious couscous for us and I thought I'd share it. It is simply cherry tomatoes, cucumber, chopped basil, and chickpeas.
Toast couscous, shaking pan or stirring often, until it colors very lightly and. Fresh cherry tomatoes, crisp-tender zucchini, and earthy thyme are a perfect accompaniment to the delightful, nutty taste of the couscous. Enjoy the benefits of good-for-you whole-wheat couscous with this quick and easy grain side dish. You can cook Cherry Tomato Couscous Recipe using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cherry Tomato Couscous Recipe
- You need of Cooked Couscous.
- Prepare of Basket Of Cherry Tomatoes, Halved.
- It’s of Cucumber, Peeled And Cut Into 1/4 Inch Pieces.
- You need of Cooked Chickpeas.
- It’s of Lemon.
- You need of Lime.
- It’s of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- You need of as needed Salt.
- You need of as needed Ground Pepper.
- It’s of Basil Or Cilantro.
- Prepare of Feta Cheese.
Easy, delicious and healthy Cherry Tomato Basil Couscous recipe from SparkRecipes. Couscous Cherry Tomatoes Middle Eastern Easy. Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week. In this summery, healthy Israeli couscous salad, roasted cherry tomatoes combine with herbs, Parmesan, and lemon vinaigrette.
Cherry Tomato Couscous Recipe step by step
- Cook the chickpeas and couscous according to the directions on the package..
- While the couscous and chickpeas are cooking, peel and cut up the cucumber into 1/4 inch slices..
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves..
- Add the couscous, chickpeas, tomatoes and cucumbers together..
- Squeeze the lemon, lime, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper into the bowl with the other ingredients and mix them together. Add more as needed..
- Add the basil and feta and mix it up..
Cous cous is fantastic at absorbing flavour and doesn't feel heavy or stodgy, as other starchy foods can. Toss the cherry tomatoes and red onions with the olive oil and season to taste with salt. Spread over a roasting tray lined with baking paper and. This recipe is featured in the story, A Simple, Make-Ahead Menu from Ottolenghi's Latest Cookbook , sponsored by Ten Speed Press. Place the couscous in a medium bowl.