Fresh tomato basil pasta. If you can find some freshly made pasta instead of using dry, all the better. The olive oil should be the really good stuff, and the lemon juice must be fresh. Place tomatoes, olive oil, lemon juice, and fresh basil in a large bowl.
This sauce is like GOLD in my cooking repertoire.used for pasta and divine pizza margherita. Tip: An easy way to peel tomatoes to remove their acidity before cooking down: Make star slits with a sharp knife at the stem end of. While pasta cooks, heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. You can cook Fresh tomato basil pasta using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fresh tomato basil pasta
- It’s of spaghetti.
- Prepare of multi colored cherry like tomatoes.
- Prepare of minced garlic.
- It’s of minced shallot.
- It’s of basil chiffonade.
- It’s of fresh minced thyme.
- You need of Evo.
- You need of Parmesan.
I used the fresh pasta and picked tomatoes and basil from my garden. I will definitely make it again. It only takes a few fresh ingredients make this Fresh Tomato Basil Pasta with Ricotta, the perfect light lunch or dinner for summer! Yeah, I know, I rarely use this ingredient because it's definitely one of the most expensive items in the produce department, but let me explain.
Fresh tomato basil pasta instructions
- Add a little evo and heat through. Add the tomatoes, thyme, couple good pinches of course kosher salt, pepper and toss well. Simmer for about 10 minutes and then add the garlic. Boil your water and season with salt and make sure it’s like sea water. Add your pasta to the boiling water. Cookout tomatoes for another 10 minutes while smashing may tomatoes that haven’t fully broken down..
- Before the pasta is done add two ladles of the pasta water to the tomatoes and reduce for a couple minutes. I didn’t measure but it’s roughly 2/3 cup..
- Add the pasta directly to the tomatoes from the pot followed by the basil and some Parmesan cheese to taste, toss well..
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. At the last moment, remove the pan from the heat; add the extra-virgin olive oil, butter, basil and cheese. Mix thoroughly until the pasta is an orangy color. Sometimes the simplest dishes are the best. This recipe is simple to make using available fresh ingredients.