Beef rendang. Beef Rendang has incredible depth of flavour, with complexity and many layers of spices. This Beef Rendang recipe is from a payroll lady at a company I used to work for. Beef Rendang – the best and authentic beef rendang recipe online!
It is served at special occasions to honor guests and during festive seasons. Rendang originates from the Minangkabau ethnic from West Sumatra. With the migration of Minangkabau immigrants to its neighbouring Beef Rendang – Spicy "Dry" Curry Beef – Food Wishes. You can have Beef rendang using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef rendang
- Prepare of Ingredients (A).
- Prepare 1 kg of beef.
- Prepare 600 ml of coconut cream.
- You need 100 ml of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of Ingredients (B)- to blend.
- Prepare 4 of candlenuts.
- It’s 12 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 300 g of red chili.
- Prepare 250 g of onions,.
- Prepare 50 g of ginger.
- You need 50 g of galangal.
- It’s 50 g of turmeric.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of coriander.
- Prepare 1 tbsp (15 g) of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 4 of green cardamoms.
- Prepare 11/2 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 10 of cloves.
- Prepare of Ingredients (C)- Seasonings and Spices.
- Prepare 4 stalks of bashed lemongrass.
- You need 3 of kaffir lime leaves.
- It’s 1 piece of asam keping.
- It’s 2 of turmeric leaves, tied up.
Rendang is an Minangkabau spicy meat dish originating from West Sumatra, Indonesia. Rendang has spread across west sumatra to the cuisines of neighbouring Southeast Asian countries such as. Beef Rendang is a flavorful West Sumatran dry curry that's made with beef, that's cooked together with a spice paste and coconut milk until fork-tender. It's then fried together with the remaining braising.
Beef rendang instructions
- Cut the beef into 4 cm squares, half cm thick. Do not cut the beef too small as the meat can break into smaller pieces during cooking..
- Blend all the ingredients in (B), set the blend aside..
- Remove the green section and the outer sheath of the lemongrass. Use only the white portion. Bash them so that the lemongrass to ensure the release of the flavor..
- Heat up the vegetable oil in a wok. Saute the spice paste (B) over low heat until aromatic..
- Add the coconut milk and lemongrass into the wok..
- Add the beef and cook over medium heat. Bring the coconut milk to a boil..
- Once it is boiled, continue simmer over low heat. Add water from time to time when the stew is about to dry..
- Cook until the beef absorbs the flavor of the spices thoroughly and the color turns to dark brown. It will take about three hours, Served with rice or bread enjoy..
Is Beef Rendang also a Malaysian recipe? As much as the Indonesians hate it, beef rendang has long been adopted and considered a local dish by the Malays in Singapore and Malaysia. This beef rendang recipe yields buttery, juicy beef smothered in a thick, rich, caramelized, aromatic curry sauce. Learn how to make authentic Indonesian beef rendang in your own kitchen with an easy. This authentic recipe for beef rendang turns out a tender Southeast Asian dish that is full of flavor.