Mushrooms Spinach Barley Risotto. Try this spinach and mushroom pearl barley risotto then check out more risotto recipes, such as our classic vegetable risotto. Add the barley, mix with the onions and gradually add the stock, stirring frequently. This Barley Risotto with Mushrooms features fabulously nutty pearl barley, cooked up risotto style with mushrooms, garlic and Parmesan.
Pearl barley gives this risotto a slightly nutty taste and fantastic texture, with the added benefit of loads of selenium and fibre. Add the barley and coat with oil. Add stock and bring to the boil. You can cook Mushrooms Spinach Barley Risotto using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mushrooms Spinach Barley Risotto
- You need of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare of Chopped Onion.
- Prepare of Sliced Mushrooms.
- Prepare of Spinach.
- It’s of medium Cooked Potato (boil potato in hot water for 8 minutes).
- It’s of Pearl Barley.
- You need of Olive Oil.
- Prepare of Mushrooms Broth/Veggie Broth/Water.
- You need of butter.
- It’s of Parmesan Cheese.
- Prepare of Cherry tomato.
- Prepare of Salt and Pepper.
Add the barley, mix with the onions and gradually add the stock, stirring frequently. Cook mushrooms and onion in oil. Mushroom Barley Risotto is a unique & elegant dish. Made with pearl barley, mushrooms & garlic then mixed with parmesan cheese for a What is Pearl Barley Risotto?
Mushrooms Spinach Barley Risotto instructions
- Soak Barley for 30 minutes.
- Rinse barley; boil a pot of water, add barley and cook for 10 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Wash Spinach; boil a pot of water, add spinach and cook for 1 minute.
- After 1 minutes, put Spinach in a bowl of ice water and wait for 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Add Spinach, Cooked Potato, a cup of water, salt and pepper inside the blender and blend for 2 minutes.
- In a sauté pan or skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and onion and cook for a minute.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes, set 2 tbsp of mushrooms aside for decoration..
- Add cooked barley, spinach mixture and cook for a minute;.
- Add white wine and mushroom broth and cook until the sauce is thickened.
- Add butter and Parmesan cheese and mix it until butter is melted.
- Add Cherry tomatoes and mix it well.
- Put the cooked barley on the plate, and add mushrooms on top..
- Done, enjoy!.
Traditionally, risotto is made with Arborio rice which is a short grain rice. Arborio rice requires constant monitoring on the stovetop. Stir in the parsley and half the parmesan. This hearty, healthy mushroom risotto, from Top Chef Masters star Naomi Pomeroy cleverly uses barley instead of traditional rice. This barley risotto is delicious and charming.