You can cook Thai Chicken using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thai Chicken
- It’s of cucumber, peeled and halved lengthwise.
- It’s of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut crosswise into 1" wide pieces.
- You need of scallions (green/spring onions), cut into 1" pieces.
- It’s of garlic, minced.
- It’s of minced fresh ginger.
- It’s of chicken broth.
- It’s of sugar.
- It’s of distilled white vinegar (or rice vinegar for a softer flavor).
- It’s of ground coriander.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare of halved cherry tomatoes.
- It’s of chopped fresh mint.
- Prepare of cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water.
Thai Chicken instructions
- Before starting to cook, assemble all your ingredients, prepping and measuring as necessary..
- With a spoon, scoop out the seeds of each cucumber half. Quarter the halves, thickly slice on the diagonal and set aside..
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking Add the chicken and cook until golden brown about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to a plate..
- Add the scallions, garlic and ginger, stirring to coat. Add the broth and cook, stirring frequently until the scallions have softened, about 3 minutes. Add the sugar and cook for 1 minute to melt. Add the vinegar and cook for 1 minute, scraping up any browned bits that cling to the bottom of the pan..
- Stir in the coriander, salt and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute. Add the reserved cucumber and the tomatoes, stirring to coat. Return the chicken to the skillet and simmer just until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Bring to a boil, stir in the mint and cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is slightly thickened, about 1 minute..
- Divide the chicken mixture among 4 plates and serve. Delicious with jasmine rice..