The best Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe.
You can cook The best Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe using 25 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of The best Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
- It’s of Main Ingredients.
- You need of olive oil.
- Prepare of medium onions, finely chopped.
- It’s of carrots, trimmed and finely chopped.
- You need of celery sticks, finely chopped.
- Prepare of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- Prepare of rosemary, leaves picked and finely chopped.
- It’s of minced beef.
- It’s of Bolognese Sauce.
- Prepare of x 400g tins plum tomatoes.
- Prepare of Small pack basil, leaves picked (3/4 chopped, rest left whole).
- Prepare of dried oregano.
- Prepare of fresh/dried bay leaves.
- It’s of tomato purée.
- It’s of beef stock cube.
- It’s of sugar.
- Prepare of red chilli, deserved and finely chopped.
- Prepare of red grape vinegar.
- It’s of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half.
- Prepare of fresh black pepper.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of To season and serve.
- Prepare of parmesan cheese, grated, plus extra to serve.
- Prepare of spaghetti.
- It’s of Crusty bread, to serve.
The best Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe instructions
- Gather and prepare all ingredients.
- Put a large saucepan on a medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Reduce the heat and add the two onions, two carrots, two celery sticks, two garlic cloves and the leaves from 2-3 sprigs rosemary, all finely chopped, then fry for 10 mins. Stir the veg often until it softens..
- Increase the hear to medium-high, add 500g minced beef and cook stirring for 3-4 minutes until the meat is browned all over..
- Add two tins of plum tomatoes, the finely chopped leaves from 3/4 small pack basil, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 2 Bay leaves, two tablespoon tomato purse, 1 beef stock cube, 1 deserved and finely chopped red chilli, 1/2 teaspoon of red grape vinegar and 6 halved cherry tomatoes. Stir with a wooden spoon, breaking up the plum tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil, reduce to a gentle simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes stirring occasionally, until you have a rich, thick sauce. In between, add the pinch of sugar for flavor. Don't forget the salt and fresh black pepper.
- Add the 75g grated parmesan cheese, check the seasoning and stir..
- When the bolognese is nearly finished, cook 400g spaghetti following the pack instructions.
- Drain the spaghetti. Serve with more grated parmesan cheese, the remaining basil leaves and crusted bread. And enjoy! 😋.