Corn chowder for instant pot. Best potato and corn chowder I've had in a long time! Everyone in my house loved it! How to make Instant Pot Corn Chowder?
Add cornstarch whisked with half and half and stir into the soup. OH MY Goodness is this Instant Pot potato corn chowder amazing! I have been experimenting with new appliance of mine since I got it just before Yes, we used real fresh corn on the cob because it has a nice crispness to it even after it's cooked. You can cook Corn chowder for instant pot using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Corn chowder for instant pot
- You need 4 ears of corn on the cob.
- Prepare 4 of or more slices bacon chopped.
- Prepare 3 tsp of minced garlic (or 3 large cloves finely chopped or crushed).
- You need 1 of small yellow onion diced.
- It’s 4 of red or golden potatoes peeled and cut into chunks – I don’t always peel mine.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 cups of low-sodium vegetable stock or chicken stock.
- It’s 1.5 cups of half and half.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need of Optional.
- It’s of Add 1/2 red pepper.
This adds a great texture to our Instant Pot potato. Variations on this Instant Pot Corn Chowder: Try adding smoked sausage, leftover roasted chicken, or white beans for additional protein. Turn the Instant Pot to saute, whisk together cream and corn starch and stir into soup to thicken slightly. Serve with shredded cheese and green onions as desired.
Corn chowder for instant pot instructions
- Turn pressure cooker on. Press SAUTE button. Wait 2 minutes for the pot to heat up. Add chopped bacon. Cook until almost all of is crispy or to your liking. Remove onto a plate..
- Add garlic and onion to pot with bacon grease. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often..
- Cut corn kernels off the cobs. Add to pot with onion. Saute for 2 minutes, stirring often..
- Press OFF button on Instant Pot. To stop sauté button..
- Add potatoes, water, stock and half of cooked bacon. Or if you do not wish to garnish with bacon then put all of it in. Season with salt and pepper..
- Close lid, set to sealing position. Press MANUAL button and set timer to 10 minutes. The pressure cooker will start cooking. It will take it a few minutes to come to warm up and come to pressure..
- When the Instant Pot is done it will beep. Click OFF button. Let pressure cooker naturally release. This can take up to about 5 to 10 minutes. In the meantime, whisk together half and half and the cornstarch. Add half and half to pot and stir. Let sit for 10 minutes..
- Serve chowder and if you saved some then serve garnished with reserved bacon.
This Instant Pot corn chowder is a full meal in a bowl and packed with flavor on all levels. It's rich, savory, slightly spicy, and a tad sweet How to Make Instant Pot Corn Chowder. Using a large knife, cut off kernels from corn cobs. Do not throw the cobs away. There's a TON of flavor in there and.