Baked cordon Bleu with creamy chicken corn sauce. A classic Chicken Cordon Bleu can be quite intimidating to make with so many steps involved just in the preparation alone! Flattening breasts, making sure breasts are evenly measured and thin enough to be rolled, layered with cheese and ham, rolling them up, frying, then baking, THEN MAKING A SAUCE! You'll love this Chicken Cordon Blue recipe because it is baked not fried which lends itself to a much healthier version.
Chicken Cordon Bleu made easy in a skillet! Same delicious flavors but less work and faster cook time! Also includes a rich and creamy dijon sauce. You can have Baked cordon Bleu with creamy chicken corn sauce using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked cordon Bleu with creamy chicken corn sauce
- Prepare of chicken breast.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Garlic salt.
- It’s of Mozzarella cheese(or any cheese).
- Prepare of Bread crumbs/flour/corn meal.
- Prepare of Melted margarine.
- You need of Sauce:.
- You need of cream of chicken soup powder.
- You need of canned in corn.
- You need of heavy cream.
- Prepare of milk.
- You need of Shredded cheese(optional).
- You need of Salt and pepper.
This Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu is a simplified take on the classically baked chicken cordon bleu. It still includes all the same flavors without too. Chicken stuffed with ham and cheese, coated with crunchy golden breadcrumbs. You'd swear it's fried – but it's baked.
Baked cordon Bleu with creamy chicken corn sauce instructions
- Cut up chicken breast into fillets, salt and pepper them on both sides..
- Roll out one piece of chicken at a time in the flour/breading mixture until thin enough making sure to get both sides covered in crumbs..
- Add a slice of cheese onto every piece of chicken and roll closed, insert toothpicks to keep closed..
- Dip the chicken rolls into the melted margarine. Place on baking sheet. Bake in 350° oven for about 45 minutes or until done..
- Sauce: mix all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, if sauce is too thick add more milk..
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve with mashed potatoes. ENJOY!.
Chicken Cordon Bleu is one of my favorite things when we eat out, but I can still enjoy it at home too! This Chicken Cordon Bleu really is a super simple recipe and can be on the table in less than an hour, and that's including prep time! The key to restaurant-quality Chicken Cordon Blue is the ingredients. This Chicken Cordon Bleu sauce is ALWAYS a huge hit! We have included a great recipe for A Chicken Cordon Bleu without a delicious, creamy sauce is like a a French fry without ketchup.