You can have Cucumber Kimchi using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cucumber Kimchi
- Prepare 1 of English Cucumber.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- It’s 1 of carrot.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garlic minced.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ginger grated.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of Fish sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of Honey.
- You need 1 of &1/2 Tablespoon Korean Chili powder.
Cucumber Kimchi step by step
- Cut off both ends of the cucumber. Divide the cucumber into 4 pieces, then cross-cut each piece. Remove the centre (the seeds) of the cucumber if it is watery and slimy. Then cut the cucumbers into sticks. You should end up with 5-6cm long cucumber sticks..
- Put the cucumber into a large bowl then scatter the salt around on top. Gently mix them so that the salt spreads evenly..
- Put the cucumbers in a strainer to drain excess water. Set it aside for 20 minutes..
- Julienne the carrots. If you have a vegetable slicer, it would be fast and easy..
- Mince the garlic as small as possible..
- Grate the ginger..
- Put the carrots, garlic and the ginger into a food bag..
- Then, put the sugar, fish sauce, honey and the chilli powder into the same food bag..
- Check that the cucumbers are slightly salted (but not too much). If it is too salty, give the cucumbers a quick rinse. If you can’t taste the salt at all, add a bit more salt..
- Put the cucumbers into the same food bag and mix well..
- Leave for 20 minutes or more at room temperature, and then the Oi Kimchi’s ready to eat!.
- Then keep it in the fridge..